cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Addition using MDM API's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I am aware of the fact that MDM API's can be used to enable web based access to MDM repositories and facilitate comparison of products. However, i guess there might be a host of other functionalities that can be achieved using the ABAP and JAVA API’s. I request you to highlight such scenarios wherein use of MDM can result in value addition or enhance the business process and make MDM more attractive as a product to the customer.

Thanks and Regards,

Anoop

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

MDM has several advantages over ABAP or JAVA API's.Best of all is its search capability. In ABAP or JAVA api, you have to write a lot of code to search and select data according to your filter criteria. using MDM you can do it in a much easier way.

Also you can find duplicates and identical data in a much easier way. Thus can reduce inconsistency and redendency of data.You can also manage data from different clients using remote key feature of MDM. Also MDM provides import and export to the file in a much easier way than ABAP or JAVA API's.Also printing capilities of MDM are great.

One main thing that in MDM you can handle taxonomies and hierarchies which is not available in ABAP.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks,

shiv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shiv,

Thanks for your reply. However, i guess, my question was not framed properly. I am not stressing on difference between MDM API's and MDM. Actully, I would like to know scenarios wherein use of MDM API's can result in value addition or enhance the business process and make MDM more attractive as a product to the customer.

Regards,

Anoop Sahu

Answers (0)