cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account-based Calculation Business Rule - how to use "Source Period", "Source Year"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BPC Gurus!

We are running on BPC NW10. Currently we are implemening Balance Carry-Forward process. Upon our investigation BCF business rules (COPYOPENING) are not flexible enough to serve our requirements. Thus we are investigating other options to implement BCF process.

The most promising option is Account-based Calculation BR that we are already using for our CF calculations. In order to use it I need to understand how "Source Period" and "Source Year" columns are meant to be used. See the attached screenshot below.

Especially I need an answer to the following question:

Is it possible to use relative value in "Source Year" field? (i.e. if we run calculation for YYYY.MM "Source Year" would be [YYYY-1]).

Any explanation very much appreciated as official SAP docu is very modest here.

Thanks!

Marek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marek,

In help it's more or less clearly stated "This rule can also use reference data in other periods and years to determine amounts to post." Yes it have to use relative data.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

that is great! The problem is I have no clue and I cannot find in the docu what should I populate in those columns to trigger required logic. Should I put "-1" in order to refer to previous year?

Thanks!

Marek

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can put "-1"

This field supports: blank, absolute value (year or month) and offset

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

What about "Source Period"? If I want to have always December, should I put just "12"?

Thanks

Marek

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not 100% sure, but looks like they are using PERIOD property of TIME dimension - in this case it will be "DEC"

In case of "12" it will be interpreted as offset!

Try "DEC"

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vadim - that works.

Marek

Answers (0)