cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate CSR in SAP SSO 2.0

Former Member

Hi,

We are working on a POC for SAP SSO 2.0

I need to know whether the Secure Login Server can generate Certificate SIgning Request. (.CSR)

I am aware of its capability to sign certificates.

I am looking at options for SAP SSO 2.0 to generate Certificate Signing Request (.CSRs)

Please note : - I am aware that the Secure Login Client is capable of Connecting to Secure Login Server and generate an X.509 Certificate.

I am looking at options , where I am not going to Install the Client.

Consider it some what similar to SAP Passports used at https://service.sap.com

Regards,

Ashish .A. Poojary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200373
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

could you tell a little bit about your concrete use case? Do you need a certificate inside your browser only, and want to use its built in key generation and certificate store?

If so, we do not provide this interface for our short lived certificates, simply because you are not able to get rid of all previous keys and certificates.

But you may have a look at our Secure Login Web Client approach, which allows zero footprint mode with full support for cleaning previously enrolled certificates.

-- Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

We are basically looking at authenticating on SAP Systems (AS Java and AS ABAP ) using X.509 Certificates.

Out first target is to acheive X.509 Authentication on SAP AS Java Systems. (NetWeaver 7.31 SPS09)

We were able to achive this target.

The next step was to decide a process for generation of X.509 Certificates for Users.

That's when we came across SAP SSO 2.0

With Installing Secure Login Client 2.0 SP03 Patch 1 , the client was able to provide the X.509 Certificate ( Short Lived Certificate)

But as I said , I do not want to bring in the dependency of Client Installations.

I was hoping if there could be any API / Interface which would help the User themselves to Create the X.509 Certificate just like the one in the Image I have posted below.

Something which SAP Service Marketplace has in place today for generating SAP Passports (X.509 Cert)

The image relates to a similar interface , but with Microsoft Active Directory

Let me check the Web Client. Shall let you know after testing it tonight.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish .A. Poojary

Answers (0)