Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flight model not available in SEGW

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have been playing around with the SEGW tool and the GW Client. But I have a question about that:

In the GW Client I'm able to test (for example) the following service: /sap/opu/odata/IWFND/SAMPLEFLIGHT

However, I don't see any project in the Service builder related to this service. Does this mean that this particular service was not created using the service builder? If so, how is that even possible?

Kind regards,

Micky.

P.S. I did search the forum first, but I couldn't find any thread that could explain this 'behavour'.

Tags were edited by: jitendra kansal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor

Hi,

IMO, as this is SAP delivered OData service and might have been developed in earlier version (prior to SP05, when SEGW was not available), the project will not be available.

But in GW client transaction, on click of "Service Implementation" button, it will display associated DPC class.

It is /IWFND/CL_MGW_LOCAL_SFLIGHT for SAMPLEFLIGHT service.

Regards,

Chandra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor

Hello Micky,

As per my knowledge the sample services which we are finding in the /n/iwfnd/maint_service are manually created ones.

I mean to say Code Based Implementation approach is followed.

Where MPC and DPC are created through class builder.

This is just for the reference and this is how service which is mentioned by u is created:

Code Based Approach was used before SEGW tool developed for creating services with minimal effort.

As far as i know i do not see any GW service which is created using SEGW ( GW Service Builder Tool ) which are listed in /n/iwfnd/maint_service.

Hope this info might help.

Regards,

Ashwin

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naveenraj, Ashwin and Chandra,

thanks for quick reply. Seems you are all three 'on the same page' (all three with same/similar answer) on this one-

Thanks again,

Micky

naveenraj_a
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Micky,

The sample flight services are not part of Gateway Service Builder, they are developed using code based implementation using GW Data Model and GW Consumption Model.

So you can use SE80, can select GW Data model and search for sample Flight model.

Also if you are interested in seeing the implementation, you can first identify the technical details of the flight service where you can get the Data and Model class.

Then use SE24, to see the implementation code.

Thanks

Naveenraj