cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

differece b/n integration & unit testing

former_member1249468
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi gurus,i want to know the difference b/n integration testing and unit testing.pls provide me the inputs.

ythanks ,regards,

ravisankar.p.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unit testing is tetsting the scenarios with in the module. for example whether in sales order prices are calculating correctly? up to invoice transactions are saving perfectly?

Coming to integration testing checking the scenarion accros the modules. e.g. after creating a invoice how the entries happend in FI side.

Rajendra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unit testing is the lowest level of testing, where the program or transaction is tested and evaluated for faults.

Typically, unit testing is the first test that is completed, during the development effort. The focus is on the program's inner functions, rather than on integration.

<b>Please reward points if this is useful</b>

regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unit Testing means testing Your Object as a unit, with out considering any dependencis of other objects;

Testing the object for the functionality and testing with some test cases , testing the output based on the various inputs.

Integration Testing: testing the object w.r.t to other modules also;

if the data into your object is related to other modules, if the change in business scenario in one module is going to effect in other modules, so the integration between the functionality of all objects will be checked.

Please reward if useful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

As SD consultant, Unit Testing for me will be testing that I am able to create order, delivery & billing documents, Customer master, material master, price master, & so on.

In Integration testing, the scenario has to be tested with data flowing from other module & data flowing to other module. Eg for these will be on creation of sales order, material requirement is transfered to MM /PP. When PGI is done, appropriate accounting entry is passed. When Billing document is posted to accounting accurate accounting entry is passed & so on.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka