cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VKM4 DN Note Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have had a requirement come in from Management; Currently Controllers can release an Delivery they want via VKM4 (VKM1/VKM2/VKM3) without any security measures in place.

Management wants to know if its possible to create management approval in VKM4.

For example lets say a customer has a credit limit of 5000 pound, The controller can release anything, but is it possible to add an extra managers approval for instance if the Delivery is of a substantial higher value than the credit limit?

Thanks guys

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robbert,

You can achieve this using the Document Value Class. Set up the DVC and the values for the same and then assign it to the user Role. You can ask Basis to assign the DVC and activity through object V_VBUK_FRE using PFCG.

Regards,

Shashi Thakur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Shashi,

This sounds great,

sorry i am rather new to this process.

Could you tell me the relevant programs/transactions i need to access to make this work?

As much information as possible would be appreciated.

For instance what does DVC mean? and PFCG?

Thanks again

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robbert,

Please find the steps below.

Create Document Value Classes (DVC) as per your requirement clicking on the Define Document Value Classes.

Assign Document Value Classes in the next step

Now these Document Value Classes need to be assigned to the specific User ID’s using “Maintain Authorizations” (Tcode : PFCG), wherein you can provide the following information to Basis.

For object: V_KNKK_FRE
Activity Display, Maintain
Credit management:

Risk category * or the specific Risk Category which he can use
Credit control area *  or the specific credit control area which he can use
Credit limit used in % 0-100
Credit representative group : Enter Values here if you have created Credit Representative Groups

Object : V_VBUK_FRE

Activity: Display, Maintain ( based on whom you want to give the authorization for which Document Value class) .

Object Value : Z01-Z01 (Can release orders from 0 to 1000 EUR)

Z01-Z02  (Can release orders from 0 to 2000 EUR) (This please check after maintaining as I do not have access to the environment where I can try this)

Regards,

Shashi Thakur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Shashi,

Your help is very much appreciated.

for some reason when i am in my sap menu i cannot seem to find the basic functions path.

Can you give me the menu path from the start?

Thanks so much again

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

It is in the Customizing Transaction and you will need a Transport to save the changes.

SPRO--> SAP Reference IMG --> Sales and Distribution --> Basic Functions --> Credit Management/Risk Management-->Credit Management/Risk Management Settings

Regards,

Shashi Thakur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Shashi,

Thank you i am nearly there.

Last question, how can i define if the authorization level needs to be on Delivery Note level or Sales Order Level?

See certain countries release on sales order level while other countries release on DN level.

Thank you once answered i will close the question

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robbert,

We define Credit Groups for specific Document categories.

Check path SPRO-->IMG-->Sales & Distribution-->Basic Functions-->Credit Management/Risk Management-->Credit Management-->Define Credit Groups.

We have 01 for High risk Sales Order, 02 for Deliveries and 03 for Goods Issue in standard.

Now in the Automatic Credit Control settings based on the combination of the Credit Control Area, Risk Category and Credit Group you can decide whether you want the document to be blocked or not using the Reaction and Status check boxes.

Regards,

Shashi Thakur