cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change request

former_member1249468
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gurus ,what is change request ,How you will release change request in SD module? How often you release them?

please provide me the inputs.points will be rewarded.

regards,

ravisankar.p.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Change request means Transfering the requests to one client to onther client.By SE09 you can change the request from one client to onther client.When you create tranport request for that you oftenly you do the change request.

Finaly nobody expecting the point from you.Only people guiding when we are facing the prolem,Just think like that.

Thanks&Regards

Vikram.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

apprecaite if you can let me know the steps that are involved right from configuring to change request - relase - transport.

I mean what is that i should do once i complete the configuration---the procedure for change request , release / transport

thanks a 1000 in advance, your feedback helps me in my job..i am starting new.

Wishes,

Rav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rav,

Once you complete the configuration,you sholud have got a request number.

First release the request in SE01,check the request number and click on the CAR tab,it will be released.

Check with the basis people and confirm if they got any request to send to QAS.

I suppose you are making changes in DEV->QAS(Complete testing based on the requirement)----->PRD.

Hope this helps you to certain extent.

Sri ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

thanks so much for your info.

however i'm still confused with the entire process( its first time that i would be doing the config).Actually its a big client and hence have lot of adminstrators who do the rest.

I just need to know the step by step process of the procedure from config to transport with the Tcodes and if possible any example will help me.

I'm a little nervous as i got to complete the tast by tomorrow morning first hour.I got to configure a new sh point.I'm familiar with the process of configuring the sh point,but am not sure of doing it in a real time dev scenario.

Look forward for ur help.

tks and regards,

Rav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rav,

Sorry for the late reply,

Whenyou are doing it for the first time and confident of configuring,then go ahead.

Worst case,you'll end up in QAS server ok.

Example:you have to create new payment terms,so you check the existing one and copy it and change according to the requirement.Here you get a request and transport it to QAS and test it,if the result is as expected,then move this request to PRD.

Hope this helps you,reward as a token of encouragement.

SriRam

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

These Change Request are generated by function / technical consultant in development server, which is released through T.Code Se10. It is important to release the dependent / child request first, before the main request is released. After the request is released, Basis consultant transports the request to required client (server).

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change Request & Transport Request are the same.

Request are broadly of 2 types:

1. Customizing Request: This request is generated if we are doing configuration changes to meet the scenario.

2. Work Bench Request: This are normally development Request or request which are generated during customization such that it impacts all client on the same server.

There is no request generated for Master data & they have to be maintained in each Client. Client here refers to Development Server, Quality server, Sandbox, Production server & so on.

Change Request / Transport Request carries out the changes in the other server, when it is imported to it & we need not repeat the configuration in other servers, other than development server.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once u save sme thing in SAP, system generates a request. this request needs to be transported to other servers adn this is done using SE10 transaction. All changes are first made on development server and then data is moved to testing and to production.

1) Make a note of this request number

2) go to SE10

3) select modifiable

4) system will display all request numbers and first one at the top of all requests would be the new/recent one i.e what you saved(made note of)

5) Expand the request, select the bottom request and select BUS(transport) and then activate and save and back.

6) select the top request and the select BUS and save and back now the data is ready to be transported and BASIS will take care of rest of the work.

With regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

A change request is created whenever do a change to the existing configuration. Reasons for a doing a config might be that there is config mistake or the client requests for an enhancement ie., what is not already there or an additional functionality which the client needs.

Also a request is generated when we do some abap development. A request simply stores the changes made. And those changes ie request we release from development server to quality where it is tested against the desired result. Found good we move it production. The requests are moved by the basis consultants.

And releasing a request is irrespective of any module. Its a change made to the existing functionality.

Hope it helps. Please reward if useful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also use transaction code Se01 export the request fom one client to another and for Importing you can use STMS