Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vertical scroll logic

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I want to place a vertical scroll bar on the group box to make it look like a table.

I copied the group box property and "set selection".

I added vertical scroll bar to the same property. But I think that's not correct.

I am looking for a hint how to make it scrollable. Can any one help me?

My idea is to create custom table using group box.

I checked the post "creating custom table". It is very helpful. I am able to get the data into the table successfully.

I am stuck with how to make it scrollable.

Can any one help me.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A group box gets a scrollbar if there are more items in it than will fit. To force a scroll bar, create the group box too large, put your content in it, and then shrink it. I think you'll always get both horizontal and vertical scrollbars this way.

I don't believe that will help with your scenario, though, because you can't put a variable number of things in the group box to support a variable number of table items. My blog did support scrolling without this, albeit a little slow. You can speed it up with the techniques in this blog - - but that is getting even more extreme!

Steve.

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks steve for your helpful answer.

Thanks for your blog "Creating custom table in Personas". Its guide for me to achieve my logic.

My requirement is to get the contents of table in one of the item tabs to the main header screen.

I am able to get the contents successfully but could not see the scroll bar.

Let me try your suggestion and get back to you.

I have  one more question steve, I observed that the "copy table" option would not work in the other screen script. I had copied the table in the recording flow of the 2nd screen and tried to use "copytable" in the first screen. It didn't work. Then I had to bind copy table in the 2nd screen itself. Record it and push it from the first screen.

Why "copy table" option behaves like this? or I am doing anything wrong?

Please suggest,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I certainly use Copy Table from my "first screen" script in my custom table blog, so I know it works in general. Did you remember the "Refresh Screen" action before the Copy Table?

Perhaps if you include your script here I might be able to spot the problem...

Steve.

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The push in the 5th step is the push button in the 2md screen which contains the logic of copy table

which exits in the 2nd screen.

Instead if I directly use copy table in the 1st screen itself (table existent in 2nd screen). I get error.

"Unknown error".

Hyma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you show the script which doesn't work? How does it compare to the script in my blog which does work?

Steve.

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The above is the error script which throws unknown error.

Now I realize that I may need to put one more refresh screen before copy table. Let me try it.

If it works then my logic would be simplified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I think you need a Refresh Screen immediately before the Copy Table.

Steve.

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

excellent its working fine. I never knew refresh screen would do magic.

Thanks a lot!.

By the way , yes you are right vertical scroll is appearing by itself when the data is more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It isn't magic! Whenever you copy data from a screen immediately after a screen has changed, you need a Refresh Screen action. If you are copying multiple values you only need it once, and of you don't copy values you don't need it at all.

In your example, you are selecting a new tab in a tab set, and that counts as changing screens.

What's going on is that Personas batches up all the actions in your script and sends them all to the backend system to be executed in one go, for performance reasons, but the copy actions have to happen in the browser (well, in Silverlight). The Refresh action tells Personas to break the script into multiple pieces and execute them separately in the backend. That way it can copy data while it is "visible". Without it it tries to do the copies at the end when the data has disappeared again.

Steve.

Answers (0)