SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derivation of fund center

former_member600294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have fund management module for revenue budget purpose.I am posting manual JV for repairs expenses which needs to be capitalized.So while posting this to repairs G/L i am giving the CO assignment as internal order.so that the IO will be settle to the asset.The repairs G/L is assigned with commitment item( financial transaction-30 and category-3) in G/L master .While posting the entry system is giving error message as

No funds center entered/derived in item 00001 (NFCL/19069/000100002684.

My question is as i am not giving cost center in the posting why this derivation issue is coming for internal order.i can not change the commitment item for this G/L as this will used for both revenue & capital item.Now pl. advice how to proceed.

Regards,

Shivaji

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fund centre is a must FM assignment for any FM posting: it does not depend on the type of commitment item. So, without getting to the point of correctness of commitment item in question, as it is not clear from your description, you have to set a fund centre either via derivation rule (FMDERIVE) or via defining a default fund centre in CI master data.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.As i mention above if while posting the entry to repairs G/L  i am assigning a different commitment item which is defined as (financial transaction-90 and category-1) in the line item of the document system is not asking for the above message and i am able to post the document.

But if i am posting with the commitment item which is defined as (financial transaction-30 and category-3) the above error message is displaying.

Actually our requirement is as i want to capitalize the repairs expenses thru internal order  there is no question of  fund center/commitment item derivation .please suggest me if there is a way we can avoid this

Regards,

Shivaji

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Posting on 90/1 does not create FM document, while posting on 30/3 creates one. Hence, fund centre is required. So, either change commitment item for the posting (via derivation rule) or provide fund centre.

0 Kudos

Hi shivaji,

First of all, you should not give the commitment item manually at the time entry. It should be auto derive..from FMDERIVE or GL master (as in your case).

And for the assignment of fund center in case of internal order, you can define a new derivation rule in FMDERIVE. In that you can define some DUMMY fund center for internal orders which will not consume any budget.

Regards,

Ankit K. Agarwal

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks to all.The answer is got from all the replies i got.As Ankit mentioned i have done that derivation for dummy fund center.But actually the fact is if we want to capitalize a expenses thru internal order the the expenses G/L  should not be debited as it is not a revenue item.in case of revenue item as there is a budget check thru fund center/ commitment item the category for commitment item should always be 30/3 as mentioned by Eli Klovski.In my case i was debiting to the revenue G/L for which the budget check is there and the error was displayed.It should be debited to a G/L for which the commitment item is 90/1 in which case it will not show this error.

Again thanks u all.In this process i have learned a lot.

Regards,

Shivaji