cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Engine config is working on my system, but it's not working on other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !!

I need a help regarding J2EE Engine. I have created an application in Webdynpro, but J2EE is showing N/A status. <b>Now the problem is I have configured the j2EE engine using steps windows --> preferences --> SAP J2EE Engine --> Message server Host: gsapepdev ; Message server Port: 3602. This particular configuration is working on my system but it's not working for my Colleague.</b> Can anyone suggest me the solution and reason why its happening. Is different system require different J2EE Engine settings ???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gianluca

Thanks for your kind help.

I tried out your solution as following.

<b>1]</b> <b>Proxy server</b>

I configured the proxy server successfully.

<b>2]</b> <b>J2EE Engine</b>

I have checked the J2EE Engine domain, which is same as mine.(As on mine

system the J2EE Engine is working properly).

<b>3]</b> <b>JDI --> Development Configuration Pool --> As we have Firewall installed i can't ping server.</b>

Can there be any problem due to Firewall ??

Please healp me.

Thanks and regards

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhijeet,

yes the problem is due to the firewall. You must add a rule that refers to your J2EE server.

Add the IP of your J2EE Engine into the firewall rules to allow comunication with it.

don't forget to award points...thank you.

Best regards,

Gianluca Barile

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alka

Thanks for your solution.

Now i tried the steps provide by you and Gianluca again and found the entry.

Thanks and here are your points

Regards

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gianluca

Thanks for your solution.... This time you hit the bull's eye.

I got my error it was due to Firewall. My system was not identifying the system through it's name. Finally i provided the rules to Firewall / server communication. I am also using IP address of EP server.

Thanks

and regards

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

On your friend's machine add the IP / Host address of the machine <b>gsapepdev</b> in the HOSTS file.

This file can be found under Start -> Run -> enter Drivers -> in the ETC folder access the hosts file.

Open it using Notepad and enter the entry for the server as:

<IP address>[tab]<Machine name>

Save it after entering a new line at the end...

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alka,

I already marked this solution to Abhijeet in my first post,

and doesn't solve the issue.

Regards,

Gianluca Barile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhijeet,

go unser <b>Windows</b> -> <b>Preferences</b>:

under <b>Workbech </b>-> <b>Proxy Settings</b>, check if you have set any proxy;

under <b>SAP Enterprise Portal</b>, add as default your server with full qualified name (<protocol>://<server name & domain>, <web appl server port>);

under the <b>J2EE Engine</b> menu, check the domain of your host (also please check if you and your collegues are in the same domain);

under <b>JDI</b> -> <b>Development Configuration Pool</b>, set your server's URL and try the ping;

If your server host is in certain domain,you can simply adding the corresponding record to the file <b>%WINDIR"/system32/drivers/etc/hosts</b> on the IDE hosts, so that the remote host short name is known to the local host.

PS: Award points for good answers.

Best regads,

Gianluca Barile