Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV dynamic field type at runtime

glauco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friends.

When I change field A value, I want to set the field B type and its check table, at runtime and only to the B cell, current line.

Is it possible ?

e.g.:

ALV

colums A, B

New line 1:

user enters a value to field A. During its on_datacheck I want to set input help mode to Cell B( to line 1 only) Dictionary Search Help and set the Determined Input Help.

So user can after that, choose an value using new determined input help.

After that. New on_datacheck happens to cell B(line 1) and happens table checking and show automatic error.

Is it possible ?

thanks in advance.

Glauco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems you are looking for this:

You can also use dynamic OVS.

Regards,

Kiran

glauco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks.

I did it exactly as both of you said, using dynamic OVS.

In the ALV, "A" column works as a key and beside this, I have the "B" column I must fill (or choose from OVS search help) with a properly value linked to column A key. And this column B values can have different types (One line can be char40 or other line can have float).

So in the OVS step 1, I selected the values using column A keys and get 2 table fields into a it_sel_result.

So in step 3, I fill ti_value with field a' or field b' (from ti_sel_result).

So a loop inside ti_sel_result (filled in step 2) I put an IF condition so I can get the correct column to fill that.

thank you.

Glauco

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glauco,

Use cell variant concept :

If you want to have a separate set of help values based on the column A's cell value, you can do so by mapping search help paraters, using OVS help or using dropdownbyIndex ui element.

Please let us know about the requirement in detail. So that I can suggest the possible work around solution.

Regards,

Rama