cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Attachment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys I like to use document attachment functionality in SAP .I have  few documents which I need to attach to the PO.We have following requirements

1.Attach document should not store in SAP database.We like to use a directory outside SAP.

2.Attach document should be accessible by link and all the document should in outside SAP in central folder.

Please do let me know if it's possible to do.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

from DMS point of view I can inform you that it would be possible to just add files to document info records. These files can be added also from an outside central folder but then the must not be checked in to a storage category.

To be honest I'm not sure why you do not want that the files are stored centrally on a content server because than the files will be available out of the SAP system for all your permitted users.

However if you want to keep them in an outside folder you just can add them to the document info record and then keep them checked out. As long as they are checked out the system will always have to access these files in their origin folder destination when the file is going to be displayed for example.

Best regards,
Christoph

Answers (0)