Because the safety needPort listener need to ban on 0.0.0.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markmumy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

0.0.0.0 is the listener that IQ will always open up when it starts.  It tells IQ to listen on all available IP addresses on the host.

There is no way that I am aware of to force IQ to listen on specific IP addresses.  0.0.0.0 is not a valid address anyway, so I am not sure of the security issue with it.

0.0.0.0 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The HOST, MyIP, etc are client side parameters that change the behavior on how a client connects to IQ.  About the only thing you can do is use the "-sb 0" or DOBROAD=NO options to disable the UDP broadcaster that we automatically start up.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

MyIP is also used by the server. A little bit better explained is in the ASA documentation (DocCommentXchange😞

"

Indicates the networking interfaces that the client should use to find the database server when used on the client.

Indicates the networking interfaces on which the database server should listen for connections when used on the database server."

also, in the Remark section

"Each adapter has an IP address. By default, the database server uses every network interface it finds. If you don't want your database server to listen on all network interfaces, specify the address of each interface you want to use in the MyIP (ME) protocol option. "

Is true that the IQ documentation is a little bit confusing or incomplete.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you may use MyIP parameter (read more: SyBooks Online) to specify the address.

However, 0.0.0.0 means that IQ will listen to all local interfaces and you can connect to the port of any of them.

Dan