Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC Authorization for Purchase Req Fiori App

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

What are the backend ECC authorizations required for the Purchase Req Approval Ap to run? It is hard to find out the roles, specially the authorization objects needed to run the App correctly.

I have configured the PR Approval App correctly, it runs fine with a user who has SAP_ALL profile. However, it breaks when I try to run it with a User with limited access in ECC.

see the screenshot,

The End User has the following roles in ECC

1) SAP_MM_PR_APV_APP  ( which is for PR App oDatas)

2) S_RFC & S_RFCACL authorizations objects)

While running the App, it gives out error

So definitely some authorization is missing. I wish the documentation had listed it.

I have the same error with some of the other apps, these apps do not run the moment we remove SAP_ALL.

Any help.

Thanks

Sandip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vasilis
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if the role SAP_MM_PR_APV_APP generated the authorizations profile, because in some systems doesn't happen automatically. For example, this is wrong:

Did you check SU53 in both ERP & Gateway systems?

Regards,

Vasilis

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vasillios,

Yes that was the problem in the DEV system, last night I was looking at it again and found the SAP provided PFCG roles are not assigned any default profile, and auth are not generated. After I did, it started working.

One question - what is sap's recommendation here? to use the SAP provided PFCG roles or customers should move them to their namespace and generate the profiles?

Thanks for looking into this. Appreciated.

Regards

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

The deliverd Fiori PFCG roles are templates. SAP's recommendation for the customer is to copy the roles and adjust accordingly.

Best regards,

Juergen  

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen for your inputs.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We already ran authorization trace, ST02 & SU53, but the traces are not helping. It does not pin point which auth object is missing.

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you check note 1948414 and 1937868?

Regards,

Jamie

SAP - Customer Experience Group

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jamie

Thanks for sharing the note numbers.

I had implemented 1937868 already, the other note 1948414 would be useful.

Thanks again.