Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO-ERP Integration - Publication

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create the CIF Integration for the first time and see in APO that I have to make some settings for data transfer.

my question is about the publication:

1. do I have to maintain the distribution definitions for a secific plant?

2 or would it be enough to generate the distribution definitions for a range of publishing types per location?

3. do I have to maintain Object-Specific settings? for example for publishing types "In-house production"

thank you in advance!

br,

Pilvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

1. do I have to maintain the distribution definitions for a secific plant?

MK> Yes. You can see that there is a column for Plant in the transaction //CP1.

2 or would it be enough to generate the distribution definitions for a range of publishing types per location? MK> You still need individual Publication Object, Plant and Logical System. You can use //CP2 to make life easier.

3. do I have to maintain Object-Specific settings? for example for publishing types "In-house production"

MK> The only one that is meaningful is "In-house Production"..

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Maclean. We replayed in the same time.

Pilvi please take in consideration the Maclean's reply.

Thanks, Marius

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maclean,

thank you. just to be sure: based on your answer I understand that it's enough to use CP2 -generate the distribution definitions for a range of publishing types per location (Generate and delete distribution definition) right?

+ maintain object-specific settings just for in-house production (with block size e.g. 100?)

that means that I do not have to entern the publication types in the first transaction = "maintain distribution definition" each one per location?

thanks for clarification!

best regards,

Pilvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

When you use //CP2 to create distribution definitions in mass, the results will show up in //CP1.

Best Regards,

Mike

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maclean,

I tried to use the CP2 to create distribution definitions for inhouse in mass but got the below error.

31    1210    SEQCLNT120    W    007    Location 1000 originates from source syst. SEQCLNT100 and distr. to targ syst SEQCLNT120

We have two SAP ERP Test systems currently linked to one APO Test System. I am completing the CIf Integration to SAP ERP 120 (which is copy of 100). Now I am not sure if I should select all entries and save also for the entries with that error or not? APO have been already supplied with the data before from ERP SEQCLNT100.

br,

Pilvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

W 007 is a warning. I don't know what the meaning is but it shouldn't stop you from creating distribution definitions in mass.

I don't think your data in //CP2 is correct. Looking at the structure of //CP1, you want to enter data for the original location number that has already been transferred to SCM and the associated ECC logical system.

If you, for example, you have already transferred location 1000 from system SEQCLNT100 to SCM, you will get an error if you try to create another distribution definition from SCM to SEQCLNT120. How does the SCM system know which ECC system to transfer transactional data to? In this case, location 1000 should be excluded from a //CP2 run.

Maybe I'm not understanding the issue correctly. If you have any further questions, please post a screenshot of how you have //CP2 set up.

Best Regards,

Mike

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

we did a copy of the test system SEQCLNT100 to SEQCLNT120. Before 100 was linked to APO001. Now due to different reasons, they decided to migrate the master data to 120.Therefore the APO001 was already setup for the CIF with 100. Now I think I should delete the publication types for 100 and create new ones for 120, right? That means also deactivation of int model in SEQ100. I am not sure if I should also delete the business group for 100? or what else I should do to make the cif connection between SEQ120 and APO001 work?

thanks,

Pilvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pilvi,

This discussion belongs in its' own thread. It shouldn't be mixed with campaign planning questions.

That said, there are a lot of questions to be asked about your environment.

Is SEQCLNT120 replacing SEQCLNT100? You can't have both ECC systems active with shared master data unless the business process are separate. The business group should identify the primary ECC system that is integrated with APO.

*IF* the master data is the same in both systems and *IF* the same master data is selected by the integration models and *IF* you are replacing one ECC system with another, *THEN* you can use the same integration models. I would create new models to be sure of what master and transactional data are included in the IM's..

Also, delete the old distribution definitions and create new ones to publish to SEQCLNT120. I think you can cut and paste the new ECC logical system in //CP1.

Of course, you need the RFC connections set up between SEQCLNT120 and APO001.

Best Regards,

Mike

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

we did a copy of SEQ100 to SEQ120 cause due to several reasons we need a test system landscape and they decided that master data will be migrated to SEQ120. That means that for our business scenario all the test should run in SEQ120 and APO001 => therefore I think I should now cut the interface between ECC SEQ100 and APO001 =>delete publication types for SEQ100 and deactivate integration odels from SEQ100 to APO001. FRC connections are setup between SEQCLNT120 and APO001.

best regards,

Pilvi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pilvi,

You have to set up to Always Retransfer the objects that you want to transfer in ECC (eg: in house production).

You have to generate Distribution definitions for all locations (plant/dc.center) by publishing type  (eg: in house production).

Thanks, Marius

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

I will use production campaigns in APO.

Do I have to enter the production campaigns as publication type in customizing: publications /  maintain object specific settings?

It is required that the prod campaign nr from APO is available in SAP ERP to send it further to MES System..

thanks!

br,

Pilvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Pilvi. You have to maintain the two steps for production campaign.

Don't forget to create integration model for Prod.Campaign in CFM1 - ECC side. 

Thanks Marius