cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saposcol on database instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have separate hosts for Central Instance and Database Instance for my ERP system ( ERP 6.0 EHP6 running on Solaris/Oracle). On CI, the hostagent is installed and works fine. Now I need to install a standalone saposcol on the Database Instance. I'm not able to get clear procedures for this. Please advise how to configure the saposcol on the Database Instance. Kernel is version 720.

regards,

Suraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

If the basis support package of the system is high enough you can register the integrated sapccmsr agent in SAPHOSTAGENT at the system to see data of the database server in ST06, this is possible as of basis support package described in the note:

1304555 - CCMS: New registration of monitored components

Until you can implement the required basis support package you have to follow the note:

1491115 - OS monitors ST06n, OS07n do not display data in CEN system

and you should install SAPHOSTAGENT package on the database server, deactivate integrated sapccmsr agent by setting the parameter

ccms/enable_agent = 0

and after that you can use standalone sapccmsr agent as usual.

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Now it's a bit clearer.

I've installed the hostagent on db server and set the parameter ccms/enable_agent = 0.

I've downloaded the patch and extracted in path /usr/sap/ccms/bin. Next do I need to create the file csmconf and then how to install it - what is the command ?

regards,

Suraj

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

csmconf file can be created, but it is not necessary to create it. You can just start the agent registration with

sapccmsr -R pf=<full path to the profile>

and the agent will ask you all necessary information and it will create csmconf file. You should only create the working directory for the agent. Is this a windows or a unix server?

Regards,
Alwina

bhargav_bhatt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You require the file CCMAGENT.SAR This archive contains all CCMS agents, including SAPCCMSR, SAPCCM4X

Decompress the archive CCMAGENT.SAR using the SAPCAR tool in Kernel Directory

1) create CSMREG user

RZ21-technical infrastructure-configure central system-create CSMREG user,enter password

2)create CSMCONF start file for CCMS agents

3)call transaction RZ21, and choose Technical Infrastructure ® Configure Central System ® Create CSMCONF Start File for Agents/Generate Configuration File for Agents

4)Log on as the root user and start install_root.sh.

Switch to the original user and start install_user.sh.

5)Copy the CSMCONF start file to the following directory, depending on your platform:

/usr/sap/tmp/sapccmsr

6) to register ccms agent

ccms/bin/sapccmsr -R

7)to start

ccms/bin/sapccmsr -DCCMS

Regards

Bhargav Bhatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina/Bhargav,

Thanks for the reponse.

My server is on Solaris.

I'm following the steps you mentioned.

But I have a small issue:

I already have a sap host agent on the Central Instance under /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe.

I just installed a sap host agent on the DB Instance under /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe. Is it possible to install this host agent to a different path? As per

it is possible but does not say how to do so. Any idea?

regards,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Generally change of host agent location is not recommended and in your case i wont see any issue as CI and DB are independent in SAP host agent view.

Let us know if you still feel location is the issue.

Thanks,

Prakash

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

what is the reason why do you need to install the SAPHOSTAGENT to a different path?

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The fact I want it to a separate path is that the /usr/sap is shared by the DB and CI, so I'm thinking maybe this can cause conflict.

regards,

Suraj

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

are DB and CI running in a cluster?

Regards,
Alwina

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

if this is a cluster environment, then it should start in /usr/sap/SID and SAPHOSTAGENT should be installed in the local file system in /usr/sap/hostctrl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina & Prakash,

No it's not a cluster. I've been able to install & register the ccmsr agent as well. But when I go to ST06 and click on host db01, I don't get any details:

and at the bottom, it says Partner db01 not reached (reading table LAN_SINGLE)

When I test the RFC connection for sapccmsr.db01.99, I get below error:

Any idea on this?

regards,

Suraj

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

the error says only, that the agent is not registered at the gateway. Could you please unregister the agent with "sapccmsr -U", move all files from the agents working directory to another place and start the registration again with "sapccmsr -R" (without creating csmconf file)? The agent will ask you all required information, for "load balancing" during the agent registration please choose "no". If you will get any errors during registration could you please share the exact error text?

Which agent you have downloaded - a Unicode or a non-Unicode one? If SAPHOSTAGENT was started once, then the integrated sapccmsr agent has already created a non-Unicode CCMS shared memory segment and a Unicode standalone sapccmsr agent will not able to connect to the segment.

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

I followed the steps you mentioned. I didn't get any errors during registration. But issue is still the same.

I've downloaded the host agent SAP HOST AGENT 7.20 SP192 (from SAP Technology Components" SAP HOST AGENT" SAP HOST AGENT 7.20)

It doesn't mention the unicode.

Any other idea...can I increase the trace level in the ccmsr or hostagent to see more details?

regards,

Suraj

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

SAPHOSTAGENT has an integrated sapccmsr agent in sapstartsrv, and this agent is always a non-Unicode agent like the whole SAPHOSTAGENT package. To see OS data in ST06 you should use a standalone sapccmsr agent and you should deactivate this integrated agent, because the integrated agent cannot transfer OS data to ST06 until certain basis support package. This integrated agent can be deactivated by setting the parameter

ccms/enable_agent = 0

in the profile host_profile of the SAPHOSTAGENT, this profile should locate in the directory /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe. After you have set this parameter, you need to restart the SAPHOSTAGENT with

saphostexec -restart

Please check the trace sapstartsrv_ccms.log in the directory /usr/sap/hostctrl/work/sapccmsr, if this trace is updated or not to be sure, that the integrated agent is deactivated.

After that you can register the standalone sapccmsr agent. If the integrated agent was started once, it will create a non-Unicode CCMS shared memory segment, and the easiest way would be to use also a non-Unicode standalone sapccmsr agent. But if you want to use a Unicode sapccmsr agent you will need to cleanup the shared memory and delete CCMS shared memory backup files.

If the agent registration still does not work, could you please share the content of the agent trace sapccmsr.log, which should locate in the directory /usr/sap/tmp/sapccmsr?

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

I had already set the parameter ccms/enable_agent=0. There are 2 log files under /usr/sap/hostctrl/work/sapccmsr, one old and one which is current. I've attached a text file with contents of both logs.

Also, can you please confirm where should the ccms agent be installed - on the DB server or the CI server?

regards,

Suraj

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

in sapstartsrv_ccms.log the last line is

INFO: CCMS agent initialization finished.

and the trace is not updated anymore after that, it means, the integrated agent is deactivated.

You need an agent on the standalone DB server in any case, because for example EWA will check OS data for the DB server.

Do you mean with "CI" an ASCS instance? An agent can be installed to monitor the status of the enqueue service, please have a look at the note

2006304 - Usage of CCMS agent SAPCCMSR with option -j2ee

but for EWA this is not required.

Did you manage to register the standalone sapccmsr agent on the DB server?

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Thanks for clarification.

I need the agent for the EWA.

I'll register the sapccmsr agent in the DB server and feedback shortly.

regards,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Thanks for the tips. I've been able to register it on the db server and st06 is now giving the details.

I'll now replicate same on the PRD servers and then close the message.

Thanks & regards,

Suraj

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

you are welcome 🙂

one more remark:

the agent should use the same hostname which is set in the SAPDBHOST parameter, otherwise EWA will complain, that it cannot find data for DB host. If virtual hostnames are used, then a profile for the agent should be created which contains the parameter:

SAPLOCALHOST = <same hostname like it is set in SAPDBHOST parameter>

and this profile should be used for the agent registration.

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Thanks again. I've been able to register the agent successfully on the db server.

regards,

Suraj

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

you are welcome 🙂

Regards,
Alwina

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

2 points.

1st is your kernel, if that needs to be updated - update it

2nd - for monitoring any host in your landscape, you need an hostagent for monitoring, which includes SAPOscol with it.

How can this be done installed - refer

How to install ?

Use SWPM or do it manually.

SAP Host Agent Installation - SAP Host Agent - SAP Library

Regards,

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

You need to install host agent for this purpose in DB host.

Please check below help.sap.com link to know more about host agent.

Infrastructure of the SAP NetWeaver Management Agents - SAP Library

Best Regards,

Atul

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please look through SAP help link as below

Installing SAP Host Agent Manually

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/8b/92b1cf6d5f4a7eac40700295ea687f/content.htm

Thank you

Yogesh

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

You can refer the SAP Note & SCN link

1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

I don't require installation of SMD agents. In fact, I had previously used a ccms agent (sapccmsr) and used an RFC destination based on it (SAPCCMSR.<hostname>.99). But this does not seem to work now. Any other idea?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj Ramruttun,

As SAP host agent running on host classical CCMS will not work.If you want to see DB OS data in SAP(from OS07,ST07).Try as below.

1)Enable CCMS agents : add parameter "ccms/enable_agent=0" in SAP host agent profile i.e /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/host_profile

2)Restart SAP host agent ./saphostexec -restart from dir /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe

3)then start SAPCCMSR.<hostname>.99 ,if not starting then re-register sapccmsr.<hostname>.99

Thanks,

Prakash