cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accrual Setting in SAP-RE Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have some queries regarding configuration for Accrual in RE Management.

1. What is the difference between Accrual Type TRRVCN (Transitive Revenues: Contract) and ANRVCN (Accrued Revenue - Contract)? Is there any impact to the accrual journal posting?

2. When define Accrual Types, there are some options (All, Only Periodic, Opening Posting Only), what is the difference among them and how does it impact to the accrual journal posting? What journal entries will be produced?

3. When define Posting Control, we need to map each Company Codes to the Accounting Principles (IAS/GAAP), Accrual Types, Frequency, Summarization, and Control Reversal FI. How do these mapping impact to the accrual journal posting?

For your reference, I give some illustration of what I've done in these configuration:

1. I created Flow Type ZA00 (Basic Rent) and assigned to Accrual Type TRRVCN.

2. I have defined Account Determination with Transaction Type "P" (Periodic Recognition), Accrual Type TRRVCN, Start Account = X (Unearned Income) and Target Account = Y (Income)

3. When Define Accrual Type, I choose option "Only Periodic" for Accrual Type TRRVCN and I tick both Opening Entries, Periodic Posting, and Closing Entries.

4. Accrual Method: LINEAR_PER with function name ACE_DS_METHOD_LINEAR_D1, assigned to Accrual Type TRRVCN as well.

5. When Define Posting Control, I map Accrual Type TRRVCN with Freq. Monthly, Summarization at Accrual Object, and Inverse Posting.

When I run RERAALCN (eg. Unearned Income in the Invoice = 40,000,000 for 1 month), the journal produced is as below:

Dr. Income (Y)                    258,064,600 --> I don't know how to get this amount.

Cr. Unearned Income (X)          258,064,600

It should be:

Dr. Unearned Income (X)      40,000,000

Cr. Income (Y)                          40,000,000

Could you please advise how to configure the Accrual in SPRO to produce the correct journal?

Thank you.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bowen_cao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check below consulting note:

829676 - Consulting ntoe: Accruals/deferrals in RE-FX

Regards,