Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is a client copy after xi install do-able ? Yes or No

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI All,

Is this do-able...has anyone done this.

If yes..is there a list of changes that need to be done for this..so that the whole system works fine.

This is a single host that has both xi and netweaver installed on it(abap and j2ee).

any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Client 000 is the default or we can say it as master client. To keep master client, we never perform any customizations on it. So we make a copy of it and we can perform our excursuses on the newly copied client , simply 000 is main copy and remaining are Xerox copies of it. Even if you loose the copied one you can make another copy from 000 at any time.

Regards..

S.Manu.

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manu,

i dont think i am understanding something here...

1) this is a single system that has the netweaver and xi installed on it.

DO i need to do a client copy..?

if yes, then based on your previous suggestion i should be able to copy it and change the parameters pointing to the client 000 and change it to 100 for the XI system..does that make any sense..it honestly doesent to me..!!!!!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If client copy was done after the installation, you need to change a lot of parameters which is quite risky.

The client copy has to be performed before installing J2EE Engine from client 000 to client XXX.

Running Tcode SCCL in the target client will start the client copy.

You should be aware that SAP NetWeaver XI is not able to support multiple client as the J2EE part does not have clients (J2EE does not have the client concept).

Visit this

Additionally have a look here

SAP Note 937323

SAP Note 940309

Regards,

Prateek