Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syntax error after applying NOTE 2028544

former_member188585
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We implemented Fiori My Timesheet application and it was working fine except while saving the time data from Fiori we were getting short dump saying conversion error (found during debugging) as mentioned in below screenshot.

To overcome this error we implemented SAP NOTE 2028544 in ECC using SNOTE but it was throwing an syntax error in a interface /IWBEP/IF_MGW_MED_ODATA_TYPES. While during version comparision we found out that the NOTE has removed a line from the program (Below screenshot) which is causing the error. Also we are currently in SAPK-20009INIWBEP version of IW_BEP.

Can anyone please let us know what wrong we did and how to overcome this situation since we cannot revert back the changes because it is asking for access key to manually change the code and when we are trying to reset the NOTE implementation using SNOTE then we are getting syntax error in the above program?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rahul

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby (but please start doing this on your own)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rahul,

Gateway has released a Note 2032088 for the IWBEP conversion issue.
Apply this note and then check.

best Regards

Pankaj

former_member188585
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

While checking the NOTE 2032088 and the correction instructions, it was mentioned that the prerequisites is to apply NOTE 2028544 (The one in which we are facing error).

But the main problem now is we applied the NOTE 2028544 but it caused a change in a program (mentioned earlier) and we activated it forcefully. Now when we are trying to open My Timesheet application it is giving error. When we try to reset this NOTE implementation then we cannot do because it is saying there is a syntax error in your program.

We are now in deadlock situation where we cannot move forward or backward

Regards,

Rahul

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Could you please create a OSS ticket to the component for the note and ask them to resolve the issue.

Best Regards

Pankaj

former_member188585
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

I have already created OSS ticket but I was wondering how SAP has released this NOTE since after applying this it creates a big problem in the code (Deleting the line which is required).

Also, nobody faced this problem so just want to understand what wrong I did in applying this?

Anyways, Thanks for your help

Best Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Did you receive any answer or tip to solve the issue from SAP?

I have exactly the same scenario as you and just wondering if there is any further step to move forward my Fiori implementation.

Thanks for your attention.

Roberto

former_member188585
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

We have raised OSS NOTES and then SAP provided solution by implementing another NOTE 2032088 using SNOTE.

Please try to implement this NOTE. This will resolve the problem.

Regards,
Rahul Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it.

Thanks Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul, Roberto:

Can you explain please how you got over this issue, we implemented the note: 2028544 and then 2032088, but we get an syntax error dump.

Please any help will be appreciated

former_member188585
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rodrigo,

Still you are getting the same syntax error or your issue fixed?

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul:

We got it working by adding the line:

"TYPE-POOLS:  abap."

on to: /iwbep/if_mgw_med_odata_types

Regards