cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggest values with dropdown functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We got NW 7.02 and i am using suggest value on my web dynpo input field. In created a data dictionary search help.

My Input feld is mapped with this search help over my context node.

So the suggest values is working fine...showing all my values form my ddic search help.

But because it is an input field the user can input some crap data in this field...and i am not able to avoid this.

So the field has to be like a dropdown field so the use can't type in crap data, or has to use only the data from the search help

Is there a way to accomplish this?

I hope you understand my problem and you can help me here.

Kind Regards

Tobi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. You can create an drop down and then set  the values using set_attribute_value_set( ) method.

Check this document for reference:

hope this helps,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your quick Answer, but in Dropdownbykey  u got no suggest values...

kr

tk

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With Dropdownbykey, you will get the values automatically only if the associated domain has Fixed values.

Since the values are not fixed, you need to read the data(suggested values/search help) from DB and then bind to the Drop down using set_attribute_value_set( ) method.

hope this helps,

Regards,

Kiran

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

If you need suggested values feature, you go with input field and mark check box SUGGEST VALUES  but you need to write the logic in WDDOBEFOREACTION( ) method to validate the value entered by the user.

As search help can have many records, its not wise to have drop down list with lot of values as it makes hard for the users to select the required values.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

yes i need suggest values

i hope that the is a way to avoid the validation, because i use my searchhelp...

As i mention abouve it would be nice to ONLY use the data from the searchhelp.

So when there is no other way..i must validate to avoid the crap data...

thx for the answers