cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase order smart form - e-mail smartform output and item attachments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our release is ECC5.0. By configuration the PO smartform can be e-mailed to vendor as PDF attachment by standard output medium,external send. And this already works. However, the additional functionality required is:

1.) The documents attached to the actual PO line items should also be e-mailed as attachments to the vendor.

How can I accomplish this?

Do I need to write addition logic in my print program to retrieve these attachments by PO number and send them as a seperate e-mail with attachment? OR

Is there any way to send these attachments on the same e-mail where the PO is sent as a PDF attachment. OR

Can this be done by configuration?

Regards,

K..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Here is the link which will answer your questions

http://www.sap-img.com/materials/external-send-sending-po-by-email.htm

Regards

Sudheer

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the same problem that I am facing as well. The client would like to send:

1. Smartform as a PDF attachment : no issue

2. All attachments within the documents to be sent in the same email: issue

Have any of you got the answer to this? We really need it.

The only thing that we are currently doing is to do our SEND mail on our own (we are not relying to the SAP print program to send the mail.

1. Get the smartform to produce OTF data, and then convert it to PDF binary

2. Get the attachments, convert it to binary

3. Construct BCS classes and add attachments

4. Send the email

This is cumbersome, so any answer will be very much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad ,

I got the same problem with a little more complexity because the mail can b send to several mails adresses ( some in copy ).

For the requirement to send also the document linked in PO's item , there's no standard solution . So you need to write a specific program for this .

You can have a look at this , you will find information on how to retrieve the content of the document.

Let me know if you need more explanation.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I have got the same task as you described.

Did you find a solution in the meantime.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

We are able to send just the PO smartform by e-mail using the configuration settings. We are still not able to achieve sending of DMS documents attached at line item level as a part of the same e-mail. We are talking to SAP regarding this.

Other option would be to change the standard print program to get the pdf format of the smartform, then read the files attached at the line item level and append them to the pdf format internal table of the smartform and send an e-mail using a function module like so_object....

Thanks,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i don't think ther is a way to achive this,

u have to change the existing SMARTFORM by implementing the extra logic in it.