Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFSF OData call failed - parse error.

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am testing the recent install of the SFSF and ODATA adapters.  I have created a very simple scenario where I want to Query the list of our users in SuccessFactors using the SFSF adapter.

I have created a Sender channel Adapter=SFSF with Protocol=ODATA.

• The Sender authenticates and connects OK
  • I can actually see the response in the SuccessFactors performance manager audit logs OK

But  I get this error in my channel - obviously when the adapter attempts to interprete the message coming back from SuccessFactors.

• 25/09/2014 11:32  com.sap.aii.adapter.lib.component.odata.exception.OsciException: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[1,150398] Message: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
  • 25/09/2014 11:32  OData call failed.
  • 25/09/2014 11:32  Query: User?$orderby=username
  • 25/09/2014 11:32  Started polling.

Has anybody got such a simple scenario to work?

I have got the Adapter=SFSF with Protocol=SOAP to work but not the ODATA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Resolved it.  Was the ODATA query.   Did not realise that it needed the $select.

I found this out by installing the Juno Operation Modeller and getting it to build the query - it forces you to use that term!.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonny,

The $select is not forced. Some of the fields may have data incorrectly encoded. These may be historical data. If those entities are updated then you will see this error will not come even if you omit $select.

Best regards,

Bikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suspect the data you are fetching is having unsupported encoding.

can you try for other entity (table) for this scenario.

reg,avinash M