cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC 10 - PSS Access from SAP ECC System

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured Password Self Service in GRC System and is working perfectly fine for all password resets if access provided to NWBC from  GRC System.

We have requirement to provide end users to reset password using SAP ECC System only. I have tried to access NWBC using SAP ECC System but is giving me error that Menu not configured or roles not assigned.

Currently Maintain Data Sources is configured as below

User Search Data Sources , User Detail Data Sources  & User Authentication Data Sources set to ECC Connector and End User Vertification Set to yes.We are not using LDAP / Active Directory for the User Search Database and instead ECC Only

Can anyone provide the roles to be assigned in SAP ECC System to access NWBC - Password Reset .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

In support to Colleen's comments, It seems that you have not configured the USER on the End User Services.  You need to make sure that the guest user (not available in GRC) is configured in each of the 10 services in SICF for the end user Login Pages to work.

Here are the 10 required services to be activated:

1.)GRAC_OIF_MY_PROFILE_EU

2.)GRAC_GAF_NAME_CHANGE_SERV_EU

3.)GRAC_POWL_REQUEST_STATUS_EU

4.)GRAC_GAF_PWD_SELFSERVICE_EU

5.)GRAC_OIF_USER_REGISTER_EU

6.)GRAC_GAF_ACCREQ_WITH_REQREF_EU

7.)GRAC_OIF_REQUEST_SUBMISSION_EU

8.)GRAC_GAF_ACCREQ_WITH_TEMPL_EU

9.)GRAC_GAF_ACCREQ_WITH_USEREF_EU

10.)GRAC_UIBB_END_USER_LOGIN

You can refer note#http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1628387

If the user is not present in GRC system then, they have to go with end-user-logon page to reset their passwords where you can always define the user authentication configurations.

Regards,

Ameet

Message was edited by: Ameet kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ameet , config working now .. all good

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Glad to know that this is working now.

You can close this thread and mark as answered unless you have some follow up questions.

Regards,

Ameet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

Roles aside, if a user needs to reset their ECC password how would they access ECC to request it? If Authentication data source is ECC and Verification is yes, then the user needs to enter their ECC password - which means they would need to know the password. Or have I missed something?

Password Self Service is part of the End User Login functionality. You set it up by authenticating with a System User in the SICF configuration. Therefore, if you are trying to make this link accessible in NWBC based on ECC roles, you would need to build your own PFCG role menu and put that link in there.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen. The config is only relevant to reset password if user has GRC Access . I agree that the end user functionality need to be configured , which is missing.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

If the user must have a GRC account to request a password then you would need to configuration the GRC connector in the Data Sources for Authentication. Once you add the Service Account and password in SICF it that handles the GRC login authentication. The End User Authentication is there to allow users without GRC SU01s to login.

...Or have I misunderstood you (sorry if I have)

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen. We dont want users to setup in GRC System.

Also just want to check the field End User Verification in Maintain Data Sources. What is the recommendation for this .. YES /NO if we enable end user logon . If I set this to YES , SYnc jobs are taking long time and in active state only.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

The YES/NO setting for Maintain Data Sources should not impact sync jobs (that I'm aware of). This setting controls whether the password is required for the end user in the end user authentication screen. If set to NO then no password field is displayed.

Have you tried running a trace or similar to see what is happening? Is there a change Basis need to sort something on their side (log files, spool, etc)

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleeen, had issue with performance .. fixed now ..

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Glad to hear. Please close the thread off then