cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching Error Status to Outbound IDOC. ?

former_member184155
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a scenario in SAP PI / XI were upon creation of a Sales Order , Purchase Order or Material Master Flow to Non-SAP System through SAP PI/XI , the IDOC shouldn't flow to SAP PI following a validation on Material Group.

The IDOC is triggered through Output Type , there is a custom Z function module which create outbound communication IDOC. This output type is attached to a Process Code ZSO, ZMPO defined for respective scenarios defined above.

Currently i am attaching the the status = 07 to control data structure & the IDOC is getting created but is having error.

Is this the right practice to follow for attaching error message Outbound IDOC.

Awaiting for your response.

Best Regards

Priyesh Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184155
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Got the solution Myself, Outbound IDOCs Triggered through Process Code assign to output types are infact nothing but FM . so its advisable to have proper Exception in FM & all validation or filter must be before preparation of communication structure of IDOC.

Best Regards

Priyesh Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on the business requirement.

in a previous project, if there was any error during the validation of the data within the iDoc before it is created and sent, i would trigger an error and send the error to the person who created the data with the error for them to correct.  they would then correct the error within the document and save and the iDoc would be triggered and sent correctly.