cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Updating SAP_BASIS Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to update SAP_BASIS 740 SP5 to SP7 but it seems I got an error of DDIC_ACTIVATION.

I'm running on ECC6 EHP7 and updated kernel to 742.

is there anything that I can do to resolve this case?

anything that I can do to manually activate the above DDLs?

Thank you,

Regards,

Ura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1737650 - EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0 SP Stacks - Release & Information Note

Activation of DDL sources fails during EHP update due to missing namespace not yet in the system . To work around this issue , ignore the error in SUM ( "Accept non severe errors " ) and proceed with the update . Post update , please implement the note 2016248 which activates the DDL sources.

note 2016248

A missing namespace now results in a warning rather than an error message. The DDL source is activated if there are no further errors.

If the error occurs during an upgrade or import and you cannot implement this SAP Note, then ignore the error. You must then also reactivate the DDL source after the upgrade or import. You can use the program RUTDDLSACT in transaction SE38 to do this. You must specify only the name of the DDL source. If the program is not already in your system, you can use SAP Note 2023690 to implement it.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ura,

What are you updating ?

Only SAP_BASIS ?

If yes, then who suggested you to do this ?

Regards,

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you are using SUM the follow this SAP note 2028165 - Upgrade Phase ACT_UPG fails with error : "Ddl Source" "<source name>" could not be activat...

Read the note carefully and Do not ignore the errors in the ACT_UPG phase by selecting "Accept non-severe errors"

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using the normal SPAM method, SUM is the same tool as SPAM?

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In that case read this SAP note 1976887 - Support package for release 7.40 fails in ACT_UPG

If you want create an OSS message and check with SAP where there is some fix.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you, Reagan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

I'm using SUM version 1.0 SP11 Patch level 5, but still encountered the same error.

any pointer on how to move on next?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

if you already updated kernal then revert back the old kernal then deactivate all objects through

SE80 you can take help of abaper then restart the SYSTEM

it will work

Regards

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The error you are facing is addressed in the SAP note. I would raise an OSS and check with SAP regarding this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forced close the queue, it seems there were some inconstancy with the SAP as it asked me to activate inactive runtime via SE11.

is there anyway to/or program to mass activate it back to original state?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting WINDOW_NOT_REGISTERED exception triggered upon opening the program.

any advice anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

you have to activate with the abaper

or you can go through note : 1009681

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

anything that I could do on with the note 1009681?

I go into Se24 but didn't get any return on inactive table, any pointer on how to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

check you basis release with note if it matches then apply correction instructions which are given in the note

with the help of abaper

Activate the method in the method editor, and not in the Object Navigator (SE80 tree

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

There are some deactivated objects in your system just activate them through SE80 search for inactive objects then activate all objects when you search inactive objects in SE80 that should be null

then this step will go further

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

upon manual activation it seems I cant proceed as well it returns me with runtime error

and it points me on this

Table SEPM_SDDL_SALESORDER_HEAD is inactive, how do I active this table?