cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition Based Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

One of the client required one special type of notification activity named Condition Based Notification.

Means, In which they want to trigger an Automatic system generated Notification with help of Measuring points-Equipments.

E.g- when a measuring point  falls more than mention max. limit value then the system automatically triggered the notification so that the PM team do some checks required.

Please provide me some suggestions with detailed config./development steps if possible

Thanks

Sushant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor

Hello Sushant,

I have developed exactly same solution. I called these Notifications as 'Alert' Notifications. Various points about this are as under"

1. This is through code written in IMRC0001.
  2. The logic for Notification trigger is Upper Range and Lower Range values of the Measuring Point.
  3. I had the coding relevant for 3 types of Measuring Documents

a. Simple reading

b. Counter reading (Triggers if counter crosses the upper Range)

c. Valuation code (ex. Triggers if the Valuation code is NOK meaning Not OK)

And then apart from triggering a Notification, it triggers a mail too to the specified people ( with the help of a Z table having Planner Group vs email-Id).

Involving all these things it is a long code. Your ABAPer will be able to easily develop because I could develop it. All inputs are from tables IMRG and IMPTT. You need to use conversion factors in the code for some UOMs, because in tables the are in different format. for example for KGs in MDoc, table may have the value in gms

Picture of one such notification is attached herewith. The e-mail body also has the same content.

Best of Luck

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please send me the code also sir..as my abaper dont know about how to write.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also send me the FS sir..how i have to prepare FS for this my knowledge only..

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sushant,

FS is redundant for me. I never prepare FS because I'm the Functional person for whom I program . Code, I'm afraid I can not share. But it is not that difficult one. It has this logic: When the reading crosses the upper range value or below the lower range value, BDC program to create Notification starts having the equipment of the Mpt and having the long text shown in the picture. Mail trigger is through FMs ( SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1  and SO_OBJECT_SEND ). For you, you need to take help of an ABAPer. I do not keep even FS blank format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks sir....i heartly appreciate you for early reply. thanks alot sir...

Regards

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I was wondering, is it not possible to use performance based maintenance plan with "notification" as call object.

Best Regards,

Ahmed

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sushant,

If you go to transaction SMOD and do the following:

• Enter IMRC0001 in the Enhancement field
  • Select the Components radio-button
  • Then click the Display button
  • In the next screen, use menu path: Goto->Sample code

Here your developer can see some sample code which you can adapt for your own customer-specific requirements.

PeteA

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You have use the user exit IMRC0001, and ask the technical person to create special notification when the values entered is above the values specified in the characteristic values

Also refer http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44556

regards

Thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Thyagarajan sir for your help and solutions to my query.

Regards

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

but please suggests what type of config done my me and which data i provide to technical person apart from exit IMRC0001.

Regards

Sushant

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no configuration to be done apart from the new notification type. you have to tell the logic for the data capture in the notification

Regards

Thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please suggests logic in details if possible. highly appreciated sir

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello

Please find below logic

when a measuring point  falls more than mention max. limit value then after updating the measurement documents for that measuring point it will call up User Exit IMRC0001 then system automatically triggered the notification .Please refer the below detailed thread too in which details are given .

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1626328

Br

Rakesh