cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Formatting in I5Chart( SAP MII 14.0 SP05) not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using I5Charts in SAP MII 14.0 SP05 and facing few issues with that.

Issue 1: In case, I pass data source to my I5Chart as an SQL Query. It gives JSON Parse error.

So I created a BLS which calls my SQL and then passed BLS to Xacute Query and set this Xacute as a source to I5Chart and Charts displays fine with it.

Issue 2: I am not able to set the date format for X-axis inI5Chart.

My SQL has a datetime field based on which I am getting data from my source.I am using this date time as X axis on chart. Once I set the format underTemplateCategories--> X-Axis-->Date Format and Time Format.

I5Chart does not convert the datetime field as per the format I specified.It uses the default xml date format which is retrieved from my SQL Query. Previosuly,I have used ICharts and it do convert the date to the format we mention.

Although I have a work around to change the dateformat while retrieving data from source in SQL but I don't want to do that as different plants may want different date format.

Please advise, if I am missing any particular setting leading to this issue or this is a bug with I5Charts. Also want to know, if any one has faced the
same issue with I5Charts .

Attaching my I5Chart image for a reference.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirti,

I'm having the same issue as you with the date format in an i5chart with data coming from a SQL query. I wonder if you could get a solution for this finally..

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jessica

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you read the following. 

but I am not sure the fix has been downport to 14.0.  Perhaps a look into the SAP Notes would be worth the effort and if not found, open a ticket.

Regards, Mike

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael,

I have already read this post some days ago and checked that the version I am using is 15.0 SP5 Patch 0 (08-Oct-2015). So in theory this is fixed in this version.

I am quite new to SAP developing.. Could you please open the ticket for me or show me how to do it?

Thanks!

Jessica

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

You need to open the ticket as I can't do it for you.  Log into Services Marketplace with your C or S number.  Once you are in there should be some instructions there on how to do it.  Looping in as I am sure he is more familiar with it than I.

Regards, Mike

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike is right, you need to create an incident via SMP so development support can check the relevant notes and get back to you.  If you do not have access to support.sap.com, you need to check with your account representative with SAP to find the right details there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

Just to help you further - at the time I implemented this scenario, I had to move ahead with  formatting date in the BLS in the format I want and pass it to I5Chart

Example : datefromxmlformat(Local.StartDate , "HH:mm")

Now, I am also using MII 15.0 SP6 Patch 2 version but seems issue still exists as I tried creating test chart and it still does not format XML date to format I specified in my chart.

Regards,

Kirti

swapnil_mohite
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kirti,

You need to alter additional settings in Chart Area to make it work -

Check with the above settings and let me know if it works.

Regards,

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

I can see that you are using tag query to generate this chart. Tag query formats the date correctly but issue exists when we have underlying query as SQL to generate this chart

I also tried using tag query and it works fine if I mention setting as use local format, but same setting does not work for sql.