cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier Network Collaboration configuration guide needed

0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone has a configuration guide (standard SNC) to set up the PO, ASN, etc. for ECC 6.0 with SNC enhancement pack 4 for XML messages only, no idocs required?

Thank you,

Rita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194741
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rita,

Plz check the below blog, where i had pushed the messages from ECC to SNC via PI

I had discussed for PO and ASN processes, and I had used Idoc and Proxy communication.

Then plz let me know ,whats your exact requirement based on that, I will try to help you,.

BR,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since there are lot of config options available, being specific would help..

If its from scratch that you are looking at configuring, then the challenge multiplies..

Im sure posting here would help though..

All the best..

0 Kudos

We are doing the install from scratch. I would just like the basic configuration steps that are needed to be able to push data from ECC 6.0 to SNC 7.02, sp-level 7 and vise versa. We are using PI. PO collaboration, replenishment order, ASN, forecasting, Quality. Supplier managed inventory process, collaborative planning between APO and SNC.
It sounds like from what I read that there are no idocs needed for enh. pack 4 but it isn't quite clear what needs to be set up/configured to make the transfer happening.

Any help would be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow!! That's a tall order of requirements ...

You can trigger xml msgs from ECC EHP 6 and above. It works perfectly, but the issue is that in case you need to do any mapping changes, it becomes a challenge, doing it in the FM that handles your output msg. based on some logic, you do mapping changes in the FM itself and then publish the msg as an xml msg. Possible, but a unwanted pain.

On the other hand, in case your setup does not have an XI / PI box, you might still prefer it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Achint!

In SNC Invoice Collaboration, we are looking into automating a two-step process:

(1) generation of the invoice in PDF format; and

(2) sending of the same document via email.

Would be aware of the feasibility of this feature? If in case yes, how do we configure in the back end.

Any information or guidance is much appreciated.

Warm regards,

Petot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to understand further..

As part of the architecture would you be sending this as an xml back to the R/3 system as well?

or not..

Best Regards

Achint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Achint!

Yes. The invoice in PDF format will be emailed to the user, in addition to the standard of being posted in SNC and sent to ECC. What are the objects/tables/profiles to be configured?

Also, I'm of a functional role but I had a bit of a technical background in the past (SQL scripting) so I'm keen to know how the back end works for SNC Web UI. if you could recommend references, please do. I appreciate your prompt reply.

Thank you so much!

Petot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petot,

Thanks for the response.. That makes the work so much easier..

The objective is that there should be a pdf and it should be emailed. The pdf can be made.. in SNC.. via smartforms.. the challenge is how do you send it via standard SAP.

What I would suggest is to do it a little differently..

Let it go to ECC and post there as an invoice. Using standard email functionality via msg output of document, send the document as pdf in email.

PDF is standard document UNLESS you customize it per org requirement.. msg output is standard. email is also standard.

If on the other hand you want to make it complex <chuckles> and want to do it from SNC itself <grin>.. then it becomes more complex / non standard.

You will have to create the relevant smart form / pdf doc for it.

Configuration via SPRO possible.. so you can use / configure the document to be used for the invoice there. Ideally the user will log in and download the invoice.

In case you want it to be sent automatically, you will have to modify the logic of the publish button in the invoice collab. When the button is pressed it will trigger a secondary logic that will trigger an email. The smart form can be picked and sent.. Problem is that email process for alerts is very different than what is required.. You will have to build the functionality to send smartform via email.

Might be an easier option to just send an alert when the invoice is created (standard SNC). the user can click on the link (which he receives via email) to enter SNC and downloads the invoice.

Best Regards

Achint

P.S. for further discussion can email me we can talk.. (asbhatnagar@gmail.com)