cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Separation in Solman 7.1 SP12

jjuncos
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have implemented technical monitoring in Solman 7.1 SP12 succesfully in our company. Now we want to extend this funcionality to others users, but we are facing problems with authorizations to avoid a user can view systems and alerts out of his control.  We have create a test user as a copy of SM_L1 (Step 3 in Technical monitoring -> Standard Users), but this user see all systems and alerts in Alert Inbox. Modifying the role I have got to filter only for one system in Technical Monitoring->System Monitoring, but the user continues having access to all alerts in Alert Inbox.

As far as I know we can use data separation for MOPz and it works fine, but my question is if is it possible for technical monitoring scenario.

I have review information about to assign Business Partner in LMDB, but It does not influence in my case. I do not want to configure data separation in my Solman if it is not obligatory. because we would need to create all infrastructure around it.

Let me know if you have more information about it

Thanks in advance

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Could you share the documents (instructions/guides) for your implementation of technical monitoring in Sol Manager 7.1

Regards,

Ijaz.

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please see:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/System+Monitoring+-+How-to+Guides

Please see the following link, on FAQ on Which customers are eligible to join the Value Maps: https://support.sap.com/support-programs-services/offerings/enterprise-support/academy/faqs.html#tab...

KBA   2243645 - Technical Alerting and Monitoring Value Map - SAP Enterprise Support

Regards, Ruth

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose, bad news...

Technical monitoring don't allow data separation as you know on mopz, is a limitation.

On SMaMS scenario, you can't allow access to technical monitoring due to that limitation, for that you only can offer that service as a full service (partner touch the tool), not self-service (customer touch the tool).

I don't know if that will change in a near future, i hope yes.

1887095 - SAP Solution Manager as a Managed Service - FAQ

Regards,

Lluis

giri_ayyagari
Active Participant
0 Kudos
ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
jjuncos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for your answer, but the problem is not the notifications, I know you can set several notifications in managed objets, in fact we use it

Problem is if you have more than a system in your scenario (as usual) but you want to limit the access to alert inbox only for "your systems" because they belong to different customers.

For example, you have two systems (ABC and XYZ), and the business partner 100 is the employee responsible in LMDB for ABC and 200 for XYZ

System     Employee Responsible     Sold-to Party (customer)

ABC          100                                   150

XYZ           200                                   250

When user with BP 100 access his workcenter technical monitoring he can see all systems (ABC and XYZ) and their alerts but we do not want this...

Thanks

Regards

Jose

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Have you checked out the following guide:

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/instguides

• SAP Components
  • SAP Solution Manager
  • Release 7.1
  • 4. Operations
  • choose your SP level for

Security Guide SAP Solution Manager 7.1.

Regards

Ruth

jjuncos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth,

Yes,  I did, but there is no information about this issue.

Regards