cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Get from GXS VAN via SAP PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a requirement of connecting to GXS VAN via SAP PI.  I have setup a FTP Sender Adapter with the server, credentials and file access parameters but I'm encountering an error.  I think the issue is with the 

Source Directory      : %%

FileName                 : %F159B%

Error:

Could not process due to error: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Unexpected reply codeRequested action not taken. Extraction command SNRF: 14092314246AIM. TIP error: GOFILE - invalid service reference (must be an 18-digit number).(0060)

Please note that I've been thru a lot of forums already but it seems that almost all are pertaining to FTP Receiver Adapter and this is not a network issue since I am able to ping the target server from PI server.

Also, using Seeburger adapter is NOT an option for me since it will require additional cost, AND creating a local script is not permitted.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roni,

Are you able to resolve the issue?

I am also doing GXS connection using FTP in SAP PO 7.4.

I able to connect and send file using FTP adapter.

But for sender file adapter I am getting bellow error.

Could not process due to error: java.long.IllegalStateException: Error during RETR epilogue: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Unexpected reply codeRequested action not taken. Extraction command SNRF: 1508210524AZOY. TIP error: GOFILE - invalid service reference (must be an 18-digit number).(0060)

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darshana, what configuration do you have in your communication channel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roni,

We are using sender FTP channel as below.

Thnaks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All.

We are having issues as well with GXS VAN connectivity and wondering if you have had any luck . We are trying to connect to GXS VAN via FTP adapter and receive the following error

FTPServer returned the following Error message com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.ftpexception 501 unexpected reply code syntax errors in parameter.

the parameters we are using to connect are

Directory ~/ and folder *.*

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, any other inputs please? Thanks

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From my experience, you cannot connect to the GXS VAN using a ftp adapter.

Initially, we used the SFTP adapter from Aedaptive, but replaced that with the standard SAP SFTP adapter. That works perfectly fine.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dimitri.

Follow-up question, what parameters have you used for the filename and directory?

When trying to use SFTP adapter, i'm getting the error below.  I was informed that our IP address is not being verified by them and the credentials are tested as working in another system.

Exception received: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Thanks

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I remember, we did nothing special to connect.

Check with the GXS guys to solve the connection error.

I will try to take a deep dive into my archives and try to find the relevant information.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can try use the directory  and file name as below.

Directory - \fromvan

filename -  *

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to access the GXS server and folder using any FTP tool (with same credential)?

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish, yes,we are using the same using Gentran.