cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Exception while reading .xls file into SAP PI 7.3.1 dual stack SP09

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have developed a custom adapter module in NWDS to read .xls file into PI and deployed on PI server following the blog SAPTechnical.COM - XI - Step-by-step guide to develop Adapter Module to read Excel file .

When i test the scenario, i am getting the following error log in communication channel monitoring.

Error:java.lang.ClassCastException: class $Proxy3352:sap.com/UserModule_EJBEAR@com.sap.engine.boot.loader.ResourcsMultiParentClassLoader incompatible with nterface com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleLocal:library:com.sap.aii.af.lib@com.sap.engine.boot.loader.ResourceMultiParentClassLoader@128d1417@alive

Can you please share your views, if you have already faced such an issue.

Regards

Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

The Excel project seems to be compatible only for XI 3.0 and PI 7.0, from PI 7.1 the Adapter frameworw changed and some classes were deprecated or obsolets.

The package com.sap.aii.af.mp.module.ModuleLocal seems not to be useful anymore. First of all change your EJB project and try to follow the steps pointed in this guide to develop the adapter module

Dont forget to use only the NWDS specific for you PI version and SP level.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki Vila,

Thankyou. I have downloaded all the jars mentioned in the blog from OS level except

commons-net-2.0.jar (I found commons-net-1.0.0)

jakarta-oro-2.0.8

1)Please let me know the path where can i find these jars.

2) In NWDS -> under usermodule_EJB -> I cannot see the file under adapter module as shown below.

Please let me know is there any issue with point 2.

Regards

Shilpa