cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI EDI 834 format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all I am new at SDN.

my client is interesting in integrating XI for all their interfaces. EDI 834 format is what the client want to globalize(for future vendors). my approach is to generate a proxy that have 834 format and then make a copy for different third parties. I would appreciate the view of some of the advance developer out there . please share your opinion on what is the best approach to implement and EDI834 format through XI.

my client is not interested in buying any XI adapter such as Seeburger adapter due to cost.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if u r not intrested in seeburger, i can think of is to make use of file adapter. ur edi message can be located in a file server. make use of it in the sender CC and have the mapping std's customized to ur requirement...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

i812848
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Last year I had to create some mappings for the Benefit Idoc to the 834. It depends on the provider you have to send, but I had some very difficult logic inside.

I would recommend to use Seeburger (what I did) or Itemfield. The 834 structure has a lot of loops and a deep hierarchy. Both of the tools are providing EDI structures.

Hope this will help you

ilka

Former Member
MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

two ways:

1. you can find out if there's an EDI provider (3rd party)

which supports XML EDI Messages (just like in my country)

so you can just send XML EDI messages

2. if you want to use EDI 834 Enrollment messages with XI

you don't need an adapter - you can use adapter module:

a) you can develop the adapter module for file adapter yourself

for one message it will ont be that difficult

b) you can use SAP conversion agent to create the EDI adapter module

(it has many EDI messages included) - concact them for more info

about prices

so as you see in all ways you need to pay - extra cost

(either for development or every month) so it's up to you

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Mike,

how hard is it to build or define an 834 format in XI. Is there any tips that I need to know before I start investing my time in building one.