cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: How to launch multiple apps made in Personas via their urls?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a url by which I can start Personas. There I made an app, called App_A (set as Default flavor) which can be launched via the url.

Now I want to use Personas to make another app, say, App_B which can also be launched via an url.

Since SMEN transaction goes to the Personas initial screen which can only be one. Can anybody tell how to setup the urls of the Personas apps so one can launch App_A or App_B by the url? Thanks.

Br,

Dong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at the ShortLink functionality in the General section of the admin transaction (/PERSOS/ADMIN_UI). This lets you build a URL that takes you to a specified transaction with a specified flavour.

Steve.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI:

Steve's comment is right. Maybe it is related to my server settings that the generated url has to be modified. Anyway, by modifying the url, I got it worked. Set Steve's answer as "Correct" and Like it. Thanks.

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI:

The url directly generated from admin_ui on SAP, cannot be used directly. I have to replace the root part of the url with the one used for Personas but keep the part of "link" string, then the new url works (however, logon is skipped when starting in a new window). Don't know why?

The "link" part in the url points to the right flavor.

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the protocol/host/port part may need replacing - my connections are all https, for example, and that isn't represented in the generated shortlink.

Logon is only skipped if you have already logged in in another window. The first login gives you an SSO cookie that the second window can use. Try in a new browser and you should be asked to login.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah and its the "link" string that's client specific, once you transport the flavour to the new client you will have to create a new shortlink for use in that client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shortlinks as Steve says are the answer, just be aware that they are client specific!