Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamp in OM and structural Authorization

0 Kudos

Hey Guy's, I've got a question

In our Organisation there are movements from Org1 to Org2.

Org1 is old and in OM it's been validated from 01.01.2010 - 31.08.2014

Org2 is new and is valid from 01.09.2014 - 31.12.9999

Below of Org1 there are Org-Units (Org1.1, Org1.2, ...) which are valid from 01.01.2010 - 31.12.9999.

Now the "under Org-Units" are moved from Org1 to Org2 and the P-Objects, which decided to leave our Organisation till 31.08.2014 aren't anymore in access.

Only the Persons which only have for example Org1.1 in access (no superordinate Org2 or something like that), has access to the P-Objects.

The persons which has Org2 in access, doesn't see via O-S-P the person for the period of time 01.01.2010 - 31.08.2014

It seems like SAP is looking for the timestamp of the 1001 connection between Org1.1 to Org2 (01.09.2014 - 31.12.9999) and not of the P-Object to Org1.1

I have to say, that we are working with an custom table, where we can switch the O-object individually to every person via function block.

We also have the RHBAUS00 with Index listings in use.

Do you understand what I'm trying to explain?

Is it normal for those cases, where an manager decide to create an new Orgunit with an better name, or something like that, and move any "under Org-Units" to the new one, that no person has access anymore?

Is there an switch in T77S0 which I can set or should I try to ask SAP via OSS-Note?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Lars

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can only comment that there is a default tolerance of 15 days built in for OM (which probably triggered your question 20 working days later.

People normally only complain when they loose access... so it could also be a lot of things. Personnel status (select no longer performed) or personnel number changed (IT 0105 no longer matches)?

Unfortunately HR is riddled with macros in the LDBs which you cannot debug easily, but it is always worth a try to see whether your data is the problem or the program.

If you cannot debug it then I would suggest that opening a customer message with SAP is the fastest route.

Little tip: Describe the problem well and suggest the solution after debugging and use priority "low" -> a ninja will find it as a "snack" and fix it very fast or tell you what the problem is... 😉

Cheers,

Julius