cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Does One Find Associated SC .jars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks.. Thanks for viewing this thread. How do you find the .jars associated with a software component? I need to make the JARM .jar (j2ee/cluster/server0/bin/ext/com.sap.util.monitor.jarm/jARM.jar) as well as potentially a couple others available at runtime to to some XI proxies that I am publishing to an XI WebAS server. I believe that the .jars I need are located in the "J2EE Engine Core Tools" component, but before I just randomly add un-needed SC's I would like to verify this first. thanks, Jonathan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can sync all DCs from the base SC's to your local system and then search the filesystem for the jar. If found, the jar's path will tell you in which SC and DC it is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal... Thanks for replying, that's a great trick. Just wondering. My understanding is that when you create a dependency in the SLD between two SC's you do not have to specify weak references in the application-j2ee-engine.xml for runtime access to libraries that exist within that SC. As long as you then copy the .sca associated with that SC and import into the Track. Is this correct or do you still need the references? Thanks, Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You still have to specify runtime dependencies. From the development perspective, SLD defined dependencies define compilation dependencies only.

I'm not sure about nw2004 versions of the JDI, but in the newer versions of the JDI (nw2004s) these dependencies are used to control deployments - in other words, if there is a dependency between two SC's, and you deploy the child SC, the parent SC will also be deployed (if required) to satisfy the dependency.

Regarding looking for Jar files, get yourself a copy of the Class/Jar Locator. If you have a local J2EE, configure the locator to point at that; otherwise, configure it to point it at the root of Eclipse. Once it's completed indexing the directories, you can search for any class, and it will tell you which jar the class is in. By looking at the paths, you can deduce the DC (and therefore the SC) that contains the class (or interface). This is much faster than searching the file system.

Answers (0)