cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC proxy ==> PI ==> ECC enterprise service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am creating a where I want to call an enterprise service in a ECC system via PI 7.30 from another ECC system. It is an availability check, so it should be a sync service with request response.

What I have done sofar:

-created service in provider system via SE37

-imported wsdl in PI and created operations & all mappings

-Created a consumer service proxy in consumer ECC system based on operation in PI

Our PI system is 7.30 dual stack but I want the service to run via AAE, not the integration engine.

I have three questions:

-In the sender soap channel in PI should I use SOAP 1.1 message protocol or the XI30 protocol. The XI30 may be necessary because consumer system is ABAP. I am not sure on that one

-same for the receiver channel, should the message protocol be soap 1.1 or XI30

-If I use the soap 1.1 protocol should I fill in the SOAP action field iwth the operation?

Thanks a lot

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Can you please clarify your design for the enterprise service provider part? Are you creating a Function Module, and exposing it as a web service? Are you generating the WSDL via SOAMANAGER?

If you are, then your service provider is not proxy based, and therefore you cannot use XI3.0 protocol (which is for proxy communication) in your receiver channel. Use SOAP instead.

Your sender part is using consumer proxy, so you can use XI3.0. Make sure your sender ECC set up is pointing to the SOAP adapter on the AAE instead of the Integration Engine entry pipeline (as described in the document below.)

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

You are correct, the provider service has been created via SE37, the wsdl is then exported from SOAMANAGER into PI. The consumer side is a sender proxy.

So that would mean the Sender soap uses protocol XI 3.0 and the Receiver soap SOAP 1.1.

The service finally started working after removal of the operation mapping (no data/structure conversion necessary) and unchecking the "Do not use SOAP header" flag in the receiver channel.

Regards

Tom

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great. Glad to hear that it's working

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> for 1st and 2nd question

its SOAP XI30 Message protocol.

for third question: no need, as you are going to use xi 3.0.

reg, avinash M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both.

A further questions would be for design time. Is there a realtion between message protocol XI.30 and the design pattern choice of either stateless or stateless (XI 3.0) compatible?

Sofar what I see is that the XI 3.0 compatible pattern is necessary for compatibility with Netweaver 2004S:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/11/e8179b247e4720882512a04041491d/content.htm

So I think there is no relation.

Since both ECC systems are Netweaver 7.01 I think we can use the stateless pattern.

Thanks

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

stateless can be used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

XI3.0 can be used in both the channels. Might be below link would be helpful to you:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...