cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI_Cont upgrade from 736 to 737

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to upgrade our BI_Cont from 736 SP001 to 737 SP009. This is the first time i'm doing any upgrade so little bit over cautious. Please go through the below steps and if any steps are missing please suggest me.

As per the prerequisite mentioned in the SAP Note 1678780 first we have to update the SAP_Basis,SAP_ABA,SAP_BW,PI_Basis SP level from 005 to 007. I heard from my senior colleague that while updating SAP_Basis and SAP_ABA we have to add both the support package means Basis and ABA at a time and calculate the queue via SPAM. Can you please tell how to go step by step with this or else any specific approach we have to follow for this. While Updating SAP_BW and PI_Basis any prerequisite or approach we have to follow..??

Then we are planning to update BI_Cont 736 SP001 to SP005 after that we will go for upgrade from 736 to 737 via SAINT transaction.

Can you please tell whether these steps are OK and we can go ahead with this or any addition in these steps..

From the BI prospect is BI consultant has to clear the queue before doing this..??

Early reply should be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad Deshpande

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

For any consistent upgrade, you should use solution manager to generate stack.xml and use SUM to apply patches.

Also, read the notes for BI_cont updates for more information.

153967 - BI Content Release Strategy

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad

1.  If you are using Solution Manager you can calculate MOPZ, in that you can find all the stack information of all the required components

2. You can use the SUM tool. refer the link

3. If possible you can perform this upgrade in the test / Stand box system and then perform same in BI landscape

Regards

Sriram