Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM: Issue while navigating for second time

jitin_kharbanda
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I've created 2 FPM applications, one displays the list of POs created by the user through a List UIBB and the other displays the Header and Item of the PO when selected.

My both Configurations are purely UIBB based and I'm not using webdynpro at all for designing any views, everything is designed using FPM UIBBs and feeder classes only.

I'm able to navigate between two applications and display details as required, thanks to CL_FPM_NAVIGATE and LPD_CUST.

On my PO display screen, I have provided a 'BACK' button to go back to the PO List. When I clicks on any other PO number then, it is navigating to the Display screen but displaying the details of the first PO number clicked, always.

I also tried to put a breakpoint at INITIALIZE method of Display screen feeder class, it stops there when I execute for the first time.

But when I go BACK and clicks on any other PO, it simply displays the details of the previous PO without stopping at the breakpoint. It seems it is not executing the code on second time and displaying me the same screen from some cache or static instance.

I'm not using Suspend and Resume feature as I'm not getting SAP-WD-RESUMEURL parameter from portal, thus on BACK button, I'm again navigating to the PO List.

In LPD_CUST, navigation mode is 'INPLACE' as i want to display screen in the same window.

Kindly advice.

Let me know if any other information is required.

--

Best Regards

Jitin Kharbanda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Jitin,

You can check the following:

If you are sharing data between feeder classes. have you implemented the wires correctly ? If you have, then there is no requirement for CL_FPM_NAVIGATE_TO. Also check the GET_DATA method of the target feeder class. INITIALIZE will be triggered only once in all feeder classes. So try to shift your data population code from INITIALIZE to the GET_DATA method of the target feeder class.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Deepankar Bhowmick

jitin_kharbanda
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepankar,

My query is not about data sharing, it is regarding navigation only, as I need to move to a different application, thus CL_FPM_NAVIGATE is required.

And when navigate method is triggered, INITIALIZE method is called again which doesn't happens for the second time.

When I navigate for the first time, all works fine, then after BACK when I navigate again, FPM feeder INITIALIZE/GET_DATA/GET_DEFINITION or any method is not accessed at all.

I've also checked LPD_CUST and Portal configurations, all seems OK to me.

--

Best Regards

Jitin Kharbanda

jitin_kharbanda
Participant
0 Kudos

Any suggestions?