cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have a requirement to receive the expired products through the return sales order, any one have the idea about it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

In our client , we are using the batch search strategy in SD and we have changed the error message VL203(batch expires on XXX) to the E from W but now the client has to receive the return products from customer through the return sales order.

This error is getting pop-up as error while return delivery and not able to receive the goods due to this message.

Any one have idea about any user exists , we can use to change this message to Warning for the delivery type as RETURN.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have checked with my ABAPER, and it seems these is no scope to make such change,since

the message type is being decided based on the customization by using standard FM 'SD_MESSAGE_LOG_MSGTY_GET', so there is no scope to do it.

We are planning to propose a work around business solution in order to track the goods in SAP.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think that user exit will help in this case. But the good news is that  you can do it in another way.

The only thing that crosses my mind, that would help you achieve this is by finding the actual place where the message is being generated and write an explicit enhancement just before the message.

Write an IF statement.

So if your salesdoc is not RETURN delivery, mesage is displayed, but if it is return delivery, skip the message.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to go for a User Exit in which this Particular error message will as Warning with the Condition as Exception for the Return sale document type.