cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem implementing Web Dynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. I have created the JCo destinations for Metadata and App data and the test is successful.

2. I modified the FlightList webdynpro application to access the purchase requisitions in the R3 (4.6C).

3. Application was successfully created and deployed on the J2EE server. (I am using sneak preview EP6 SP9 installed on windows)

4. I manually created 2 requisitions in the R3 system.

5. From the web dynpro app, I am trying to get the details of the requisitions based on the requisition number.

6. I am using Bapi_Requisition_GetItems_Input, Bapi_Requisition_GetItems_Output

In the search view I have a text box to enter the requisition number and a search button. When I input the requisition number and hit on the search button to retrieve the requisition details, NOTHING HAPPENS.

Where can I find the log file; how can set the log level to debug so that I can get a detailed information of what is happening. Any other thoughts?

Please help

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sriram

In Bapi_Requisition_GetItems how are you entering the requisition number in the input field. For example if the requisition number is "100051" then enter it as "0000100051" and click on search and see if it works. That should give you data. This is the first step you need to check as internally SAP fills the length of the datatype with zeroes.

In case you are still not getting the data, then you will have to check the model binding. Let me know if that works or you still need more information.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi:

I tried entering both ways "100051" and "0000100051". In both cases I get nothing back - no errors, no results.

Kishore:

I have not done this before but I will try your suggestion and get back ASAP.

Once thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore:

In the J2EE engine view from NWDS, I am trying to switch the debug mode of the J2EE server to ON but every option is disabled. Any idea how I can switch the debug mode ON? I tried from the SAPMMC as well.

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sriram

You need to do the following

1. On the J2EE engine view right click on server and then say "enable debugging of process". This should make your server run in debug mode.

2. Then once you rebuild your project just click on the Run menu and then select Debug. In the window that appears select webdynpro application and then select your project name and application name in the window that comes and click on debug button. It should start debugging your code.

For more information in SDN search for "debugging a webdynpro application" . There is a how to document on that. Let me know if you require some more information.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi:

1. On the J2EE engine view right click on server and then say "enable debugging of process". This should make your server run in debug mode.

-

When I right click all the options are disabled. I don't know why.

I did exactly what you mentioned as far as your second suggestion goes. Actually when I did this I noticed an alert that said my J2EE server does not support debug mode. I then went into the J2EE engine view mode to enable debug mode but it is disabled.

I also noticed on the SLD that there was an auto update from the R3 system this morning. This tells me that the message server is working fine.

So, I guess the question is, why are the options disabled when I right click the server. Any thoughts.

BTW, I appreciate your help.

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi:

I stopped my entire EP and restarted it AND IT WORKS. I really want to split the points between you and Kishore for helping me out. Since I dont know how to split points I am going to give it to you.

Hey, if you find out why the options are disabled please let me know. It will really useful.

Thanks a lot guys

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

1. Execute the configtool "c:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat"

2. Go to

cluster-data --> instance_ID<<Some no.>> --> server_ID<<some no.>>

3. Select the "Debug" tab, select the "Debuggable" and "Enabled debug mode"

4. Restart the server.

This will turn the debug option "ON".

Hope this helps you in debugging your webdynpro application.

But do rememner this will increase the startup time of the server.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram

To get the options.

If you want to enable it from NWDS, then you need to go to J2EE Engine tab. Expand you host and then you instance. There you can see Server0 or server1..

Right click on server and click on "Enable debugging process"

If it is from SAP Management console, then expand you sap systems then expand <host name> 0 . there you click on process table. on the right handside you can see the process. There right click on server0 then click on "Enable process".

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh:

Thanks a lot. It works. I have the debug mode ON.

Kishore: For some reason, the options were disabled when I tried your suggestion. Anyways the problem is resolved and I appreciate your help.

Sriram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Well in your SLD data supplier in Visual Admin. Go to your CIM Client settings tab. In that you would see a list of permissions on top. Check all of them and then restart your J2EE server. This should enable the options. They are disabled because you dont have permissions.

The settings that santhosh mentioned would always make your server start in debug mode. This may cause your machine to be slow.

If you want to debug temporarily then i suggest you go and enable the permissions like i had mentioned. This should help you. Let me know if you have more queries

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi:

The list is pretty long and I tried to save after checking all of them. I got an error - Failed to grant permissions or something like that. So, I checked only those that had netweaver in the package structure and tried to save it. Even that failed. So I unchecked all of them and saved.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

what is the error that you are getting. Try restarting your j2ee engine.

regards

reuben

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Ok what are the settings that you have given in your SLD data supplier. Moreover are you logging in as Administrator in the visual admin. You should be able to select all the permissions and click on save. Try restarting your j2ee engine and then try.

It should work. Dont know why you are getting that error. Let me know what are the steps that you did.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi / Reuben:

I am in training for the next couple of days. I will try your suggestions and get back on Monday.

Thanks a lot.

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram

Do the following.

1. Put Break points in your code where you are calling Bapi

2. Run the application in debug mode.

3. Press F6 to debug step by step

If needed , keep a External break point in R/3 to check the input you are passing to the BAPI.

Kishore