SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check for gap in receipt numbers in POS DM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could find standard sap provides check for gaps in receipt numbers. However the receipt numbers are always out of sequence in my transactions.I have separate file which includes all the recepit number generated at the store everyday.is there is any way to check out whether all the receipt numbers in that file are transferred successfully to POS DM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to think on logic if you want it to automate.

Other way is to check the count of receipts in BW report against the count of receipt from POS report.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to think on logic if you want it to automate.

Other way is to check the count of receipts in BW report against the count of receipt from POS report.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Is it possible to check missing receipt number in POS DM  by comparing actual file by pos  which included all receipt numbers generated at the day.tricke feed is used to provide data

0 Kudos

Yes. Standard task is available for the same.

0 Kudos

Hi Kalaiselvi,

This is based upon your question,

Data Validation in POSDM

POSDM validates the posted receipts data in the tlog. If errors are found during these validations checks, the POS transactions concerned are given the status “Error”. We can follow the validation checks performed in order to guarantee the consistency and completeness of POS transaction data.

Missing transaction number Check in POSDM

At the end of each day, this validation checks if the sum of all transaction tender amounts matches the tender amount received in the End of Day feed for each store, Till ID and Tender ID for a Date. This will also help in identifying the value of missing sales for a given day/store/Till ID. This validation check the individual tender amounts from each sales transactions and compare it against the total amount received for each Store, Date, Till ID and Tender type combination.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

0 Kudos

yes vikrant.But standard task is suitable if recepit number comes with sequence

0 Kudos

yes Ramesh but my requirement is to validate recepit numbers against recepit number produced at end of day and check what all recepit numbers is missed.if it s sequence I can go for standard but recepit number is not sequence.

0 Kudos

Hi,

please let me know where can I find transaction number check that you specified

0 Kudos

If it is not in sequence it is not possible to identify missing receipt.

Thanks,

Vikrant

0 Kudos

Hi ,

can you please extend little bit in detail about checking receipt numbers in BW Report?(model build,details needed etc)

0 Kudos

In POSDM you can verify if your receipts hold numbers sequentially.

e.g.  1 - Sales

2 - Finance

3 - Sales

It doesn't matter what type of transaction it is.

But you should get all receipts in POS DM then.

BR,

Vikrant.

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalaiselvi,

Please follow as like below model (Customized modeiling) for checking receipt numbers in BW Report,

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

PS: Kindly in-mail me, if you need further details on the documentation part.

0 Kudos

hi Ramesh,

in this only sales receipt number can be checked right?i just want to consider all events receipt number as all events  missed receipt number has to be find out...

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalaiselvi,

Can you please brief your question on event receipt number?

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D