Did you mean: 

Assign Client to a logical system

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can we proceed in the below case

1) Same host is r/3 and xi system.

2) client 000 is assigned to SAP AG konzern..default.

3) i create a logical system for the xi system...SAP_LS_XI, what should be the client for this logical system ? what settings do i have to make for this..

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody tell me whether its possible to assign 2 logical systems to the same client. Its urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Manasa

Former Member
0 Kudos

no manjula.. its not possible

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make the client whatever you want as long as it's not taken. For example client 100. That's a pretty standard client number I think.

While in client 000 go to transaction scc4. There you create your new client.

Then you log into the new client using either your master password or SAP* / pass, depending on how your installation was configured (and what version you are running). Then once inside the new client, go to transaction sccl. That is where you perform the client copy. Just select client 000 or 001 as the master client to copy the data from. If it's an XI system, you may want to copy the user master data frmo client 001

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ethan,

i did just that..created a new ls, assigned a new client "100", now when i try to log in i get a userid/pw error...is there some other step i need to do..here.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is a brand new installation of Netweaver then you probably will use the password that you set as the "master" password. You can use DDIC / "master" pass combination to log into the new client.

Alternatively, you can go to the following location on your server:

/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile

and edit the file DEFAULT.PFL so that it contains the line:

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 1

Stop your SAP system and then restart it. When you create a client with this setting it will automatically make the default login SAP* and password = pass for new clients when you create them.

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i just discovered that i have missed the part for a client copy............now what do i do..!!!!!!!!

is this situation redeemable or do i have to reinstall the whole..thing from scratch again........

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean you have missed the part for a client copy? You definitely don't have to reinstall the whole thing again. Explain your situation a bit better please...