SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Assortment Users Validity Period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am quite new to S.A.P & I have got a requirment where under a general assortment multiple assortment users (Stores in my case) is assigned and the stores can have different validity period (Can overlap aswell) during which the assortment can be procured and sold in the store and the same assortment can be displayed in multiple shelves in a store which has it's own validatiy periods, this is currently maintianed in the table E1BPE1WRSZ and supports only one valdity period. I am having challanges in updating the validity period when it gets changed through an external interface. I can think of maintaining the validity period using a "key"/"unique Identifier" from the external interface using which any updates can be made to that period once created for the first time (Eg., Changed from 1st Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015). The question is where can this key be held in this table ? Or do you think maintaining different validity period will be a problem (eg., during listing) ?  or any better solution from S.A.P perspective will be helpful ? Please Advise.

2 REPLIES 2

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sivasakthi,

from reading briefly through your requirements, I would suggesst, that you check, if layout module concept (combined with assortments out of the layout modules) would not be a better fit for you. With layout modules (e.g. a shelf) you have the possibilty to maintain different layout module versions. There are also external interfaces available which are mostly used when integrating a shelf optimization toll.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

Thanks for your response.

I am using the Layout module versions already to maintain what needs to be displayed on shelf during different time phase (Version) , the answer i am looking for is for the problem where in a general assortment, I am having multiple overlapping validity dates for an assortment user (Store) and would like to understand how this overlaping date can be manged in S.A.P without throwing exceptions ?

Regards

Siva