cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI & EDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the current scenario:   ECC (IDOC) --> (ALE) PI --> RFC (gateway)

We have recently changed our EDI process to include integration with our EDI Integration partner, which is cloud based.  They are using WebMethod's SAP Adapter to connect to our PI Gateway.  I've created a TCP/IP RFC on PI which points to the registered gateway program, and it tests successfully.  What I'm trying to figure out is from PI, how do I then call on that RFC? 

If I create a Receiver-RFC comm channel, there's no way to explicitly mention the RFC I've created within PI.   And if I create a Sender-RFC comm channel, PI registers its own connection to the PI Gateway, and does not utilize the WebMethods created connection on the gateway.  Has anyone out there have any previous experience doing something like this?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Jose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

Not really sure what you mean by the below:-

there's no way to explicitly mention the RFC I've created within PI

Anyway, if you refer to the SAP documentation, for external RFC server, you should enter the details (gateway, registered program ID, etc) directly in the receiver RFC channel and not as a separate TCP/IP RFC (which I assume you configured in SM59)

Configuring the Receiver RFC Adapter - Configuring the RFC Adapter in the Integration Directory/PCK ...

Rgds

Eng Swee