cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent-Withdraw a normal change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have 1 normal change document and it is having transport(SAP note was implemented and then reverted). We release this transport without data files/cofiles. Now how can I decouple it from the change document as it is throwing error that Change document can't be withdrawn with released transport.

Need urgent help.

Regards,

Anjali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After transport release not able to decouple the TR fro DC.

So try to force withdrawn the CD  using the report -crm_socm_service_report ( in se38 )

enter the transaction id , transcation type ( like ZMHF or ZMMJ,..)

unchecked the list output only, check the unconditional wthdrawn and execute

Then remove the TR manually  in the QAS stms queue.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karthik for your response.

I did that .Apart form above things,under the 'status' section, 'ALL' option should also be selected .

Regards,

Anjali.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

folks - what is the standard use case scenario and steps for 'Withdraw' functions ?

i

have tried performing the step but usually encounter the error that the ZMMJ can't be withdrawn as the changes have not been reverted back. Even though i have reverted back the changes in DEV.

Also, how does the 'Withdraw' action effect the CSOL (cross system object lock entry) ?

i am aware of the SOCM report feature which can be used to change the status to 'Withdrawn' but i am more interested in the standard 'Withdraw' process.

thanks,

sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have faced below scenarios:

1) If a normal/manual change document is in created status ,

-In this case you can directly withdraw the CD from 'Action' dropdown.

2) If there is normal change with transport/s, already moved to QAS-CD can't be withdrawn.

-May be at some point of time while testing, it is realized that changes are not at all required. However transport has already been moved to QAS. In this case,CDs can't be withdrawn.So we have only option is to revert the he changes done under the existing transport and included it in a new or same transport. Now, this transport/s can be released and sent to production.

3) If an SAP note is implemented and then reverted.

-If an SAP note is implemented and then reverted under a Normal CD(ofcourse),then we have to decouple the transports(firstly),provided that transports are not released. Then, we have to release the transports without data files and cofiles(secondly). And then, normal CD can be withdrawn using the 'Action' dropdown.

CSOL is relevant for transports. Withdrawing a CD has nothing to do with CSOL entries until it has transport/s.

Hope this helps. Others can also give their point of view and add more scenarios .

Former Member
0 Kudos

"

CSOL is relevant for transports. Withdrawing a CD has nothing to do with CSOL entries until it has transport/s." - lets say you have made a change and CSOL entry has been created. Later you decide to discard the change. So you revert back the changes and perform the 'Withdraw' action. When the system withdraws the CD, the CSOL entries should also get removed (ideally). so the Withdraw action is also tied to the CSOL entry.

Do you see my point.....if the system allows you to perform 'withdraw' then the system should also automatically remove the CSOL entry for the contained objects.

- sid