cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create hierarchy/classification through MDG?

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where product hierarchy levels and its attributes needs to be created

dynamically. Is it possible in MDG.

For Ex:

I want to create a levels such as (Food), (Beverages) and add my material Orange Juice to it.

Product (L1)
- Food (L2)
     - Beverages (L3)
           - Orange Juice 

Can I achieve this through MDG?

I saw a blog from Steffen Ulmer (https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33056) where he mentioned few classifications related stuff can be

achieved through CL02 & CLHP. Is it a standard one which can be achieved through MDG? Is it an out of box feature?

Please share your thoughts?

Thanks
Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why can't you use Profit center or cost center hierarchy? It is configured exactly the same way.

Kiran

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Assigning materials to a class (and maintaing the valuation of the characteristics) can be done in MDG-M, standard shipment/UI.

Maintaining new classes/characteristics/values is not possible with out-of-the-box content. It would be a "custom object" implementation and might (depending on the scope: hierarchies, object dependencies, change management, ...) be quite some effort.

Regards, Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingo,

Do you know the procedure to create custom hierarchies within MDG as a custom object ?

Thank you,

Javier

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Sorry, no can say - apart from the standard documentation of classification, custom objects and hierarchies, I have no additional information to share...

Basically, if you want to implement a custom reuse object, the trick is to find the correct APIs to update the backend tables during activation (and to check the data, of course)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Product Hierarchy field is alread there in MDGM. Considering you perform all backend customization in target systen and it is add on mode. It Stand alone mode you need to import it in MDG hub with respective customizing table.

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

My query is to assign material with relevant to the right classification as mentioned in the document shared above. This needs to be done through the process of MDG(Create Material/Change Material scenario).

Thanks

Bala