Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Dynamic attributes in Data model

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where attributes needs to be created on the fly(dynamically). Is it possible

in MDG.

For Ex: I want to create an attribute "Is the material shipable by air?" in an entity

dynamically.

Can I able to achieve it through MDG dynamically or through anyother way?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks
Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, you can use classification to assign characteristics dynamically.

Some functional restrictions apply, please check note 1806108 (or similar notes for lower releases): Class assignment can be derived from the material type via backend functionality, but classification data can't be derived via Rules & Derivation (to the best of my knowledge). Thus, the requester may have to manually assign the class before the characteristic(s) pop up.

Regards, Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Yes it is possible in MDG, You can decide behaviour of any attribute dynamically depentding on another entiy type . You can refer Check and derivation rules

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Rules & Derivations are applicable for static attributes which are present in the data model.

But my question is if we can create the attributes for an entity dynamically.

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

Can you please elaborate your requirement. You can definitely have some dynamic attributes on the UI, But Where are you going to store it? Do you want to create in the Entity Data model on the fly?

regards,

rupesh

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

My requirement is, I need to create an attribute based on the request from my trade partner for my product. So it may be one or more attributes. I want to understand if MDG provides such facility to create attributes dynamically or is there any other possible approach to do it.

Also I need to store the attributes in data model - entity, so that I can view the attribute in the user interface.

Thanks

Bala