cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME5.2 - Importing Material deletes Router configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - one of our plants has updated from ME 5.1 to ME 5.2.  We installed MII and the SAPMEINT software and our ERP is still setup like before to send idocs for changed Materials two days a week.  Since our upgrade, we find that when a Material is updated by SAPMEINT, the Router information in Material Maintenance is cleared out.  We manually enter this when we setup production for a specific part number, but the import from ERP removes the Router information that we've typed.

I believe we had the same situation in 5.1 but this was resolved several years ago.  I wasn't involved in the resolution, and I haven't been able to find any old ticket information with this symptom.  Can anyone provide advice where to start investigation?

Thanks,
Charles

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

Basically it is described in SAP Note 1718912 - Difference between DataXchange and Web Services.

Please, make sure you have a Shop Order tag in the request from ERP.

Br, Alex.

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Can you please specify where we can find this Material Update webservice in MII? Therefore we can check the relevant parameters are sent correctly or not.

Thanks & regards,

Leon

former_member210324
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

typically if the data has been only maintained in SAP ME (e.g. the router is added manually in ME after the MATMAS was send from ERP), you need to map these values for all subsequent update request.

Meaning when you get a changed MATMAS, you need to get all the ME only fields from ME first, and create then an update request with both the ME only and the ERP material fields.

Otherwise the update will empty the settings. It is not doing any kind of delta logic in that version.

If you need support please feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Christoph