cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable roles which no longer needed GRC 10.1

0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I would like to get advice on how to disable single roles so that these role would not be assigned or won’t reflected in the users selection via GRC   10.1.

The goal is to ensure only composite roles should be assigned to user.

Based on my reading prior the roles available we need to add these new roles to CUP for user provisioning and the wiki information indicates “ Single

Roles contained in the Composite Roles are Imported before the Composite Roles.”

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/GRC/AC+10.0+Role+Import

Question is there any option in the role upload file where we can disable this single roles so that either it would not visible or would not allow for provisioning .

I am very new to GRC  10.1 thus any help much appreciated .

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

As Alessandro has suggested, you need to define Single Role (if you need to exclude these roles from selection criteria) to non-productive environment status.

Path: Access control --> Role management --> maintain role status

Regards,

Ameet

0 Kudos

Hi Ammet /Alessandro ,

Thank you for both your advice this provided me some idea on this topic .

Taking the example by Alessandro  i need to uncheck MST and set the status of role as MST in the excel sheet which we will upload via NWBC.  I also assume if we define a single role as PRD the role will available for selection .

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly.

You are on right track now

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you have got things cleared up.

So, you can close this thread and mark as answered.

Regards,

Ameet

0 Kudos

Hi Ammet ,

Apology was away , yes it works and thank to you and Alessandro for the advice .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

I would recommend to either change the role status to a non-productive status or disable the role for provisioning. Best would be to define a role status that is non-producitve and assign to the roles that shouldn't come up in the selection screen.

Like in my example above I use the status "MST" for master roles as these roles should not appear.

Let me know if that helps to solve your problem.

Regards,

Alessandro