cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I apply a custom theme without UI issues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having some trouble with the theme designer. When returning to launchpad from any other app in Fiori with a custom theme applied the launchpad has tiles that are blank. Often leave request and timesheet tiles are blank in this situation. It only happens when the custom theme is applied.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kat,

Could you provide a little more detail?  Do you have a screen capture that would help depict the missing theme look and feel?  Does it have issues in both IE and Chrome?  How have you assigned the custom theme, and what specific changes did you make to the theme (assuming you started with something like blue crystal)?

Have you traced any of the requests with a browser debugger - any helpful error messages?

Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the response, we're having a strange issue where after we've applied a custom theme through theme designer a number of tiles return blank.

I have included 2 screenshots the first shows the launchpad after refreshing and the second shows the launchpad after we have clicked on one of the applications and then returned back to the launchpad.

We initially had worked on our own custom theme and had this issue but for testing we simply made a copy of the bluecyrstal theme and saved it without any changes as a new custom theme and this still has the same problem (As shown in the screenshot)

When we revert back to the default bluecrystal theme the problem goes away.

I have done inspect element on the blank tiles and they have no content, it appears to be removed when the page transitions to the new app and isn't re-inserted when we return to the launchpad on those particular tiles.

Another strange bug we've noticed is it always seems to be the 2nd and 4th tile even if we reorder the tiles it will always be the ones in the 2nd and 4th position that appear blank.

We have tested this in all the major browsers chrome/ie/FF and it occurs in all of them.

The only big difference is we get a Javascript console error when the custom themes are active saying 'Cannot read property 'r' of null core-min.js' I'm not sure if this is related to the problem.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls provide details what is your UI Version of SAPUI5 runtime? ctrl-shift-alt-p to get that.

if you have not upgraded to latest UI Runtime with UI-ADDON SP9 then pls do that. after that pls check the behavior. You should be running 1.22+ to be on the latest.

if you are on sp9 of SAPUI5 already then follow steps to troubleshoot the problem as per links here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

Thank you very much for your help. The problem persists, but we are looking through all of the patches and other notes.

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have reported an incident because this issue appears to be an SAP issue.

wadek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Kat,

We are experiencing the same issue.  Please let us know how SAP responds.

Thanks!

former_member288925
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Kat,

I'm in the UI theme designer team and your issue sounded familiar to me.

Kat Brodie wrote:

[...]

The only big difference is we get a Javascript console error when the custom themes are active saying 'Cannot read property 'r' of null core-min.js' I'm not sure if this is related to the problem.

[...]

Actually that was a very good hint in order to make it possible to analyze the root cause of your described issue. This is an error when trying to apply a custom theme in earlier versions of the fiori launchpad. And exactly this uncaught error "Cannot read property 'r' of null" can have effects such as tiles not being rendered properly.

The SAPUI5 runtime should be upgraded to version 1.22.9 (SAP Note  2068522)

Best regards,

Steffen

wadek
Explorer
0 Kudos

1.22.9 fixed my issues.  Thanks Steffen!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steffen,

Thank you for your reply.

Currently, the updated component on our system is SAP_UI 740, support pack 09. According to our research, this component succeeds the component you are suggesting. Should we still apply Note 2068522?

Should we still deploy UI runtime 1.22.9?

Thank you again, Kat

former_member288925
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Kat,

according to our release plan you are currently on the 1.24.x code-line of SAPUI5.

So you should not deploy UI runtime 1.22.9.

I had a look into the change history and the specific one which solves the described issues should be included in version 1.24.3. Unfortunately 1.24.3 has not been released yet, but according to our release plan it will be in the course of next week.

Thank you and best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steffen,

Thank you so much for your help. I will keep my eye out for version 1.24.3.

Thanks again, Kat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kat,

Did the update resolve your issue?

We are on 1.24.1 and we are facing the same issue